Help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all I have been prescribed propranolol to help with anxiety 2 x 10mg a day I am suffering with health anxiety and I am a bit concerned about how it effects your pulse rate supposed to be taking my second dose soon but bit nervous to do so

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun I take it for anxiety to I was on a low dose an it scares me when my heart goes fast I'm on 80 sustained release now as wot u r on didn't help me I don't know if wot I'm sayin helps bt I couldn't do without my tablets now

• Posted

Hi take propranolol 40mg three times a day for both anxiety and tackicardia,, I find the worry about taking it worse than actually taking it' it works fantastic for my anxiety and kicks in after just 5 minutes, if your still worried consult your local heath care provider and Shaw they can help ease your worries wink

• Posted

I was prescribed it for anxiety and palpitations.

It took me 6 weeks before I took the step to start it due to health anxiety. 

Then I wondered why I kicked up a fuss! It worked great. It feels a bit weird as it keeps your heart rate at the same steady pace, even when you exert yourself / do exercise. It really helped with both palpitations  and anxiety. 

Try doing something straight after taking it to distract yourself from thinking about it too much

• Posted

I was on propranalol for donkeys years and it worked great no side effects nothing. Lately I’ve had a few bad episodes of heart rythm being all over place so doc tried me on different meds but I’m asking her today if I can go back on propranalol even if I have to have a higher dose. They’re the only ones where I felt I could function normally. Take the tablets and you will be surprised. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi, I'm on Propranolol 40mg 3xday for atrial tachycardia and have been absolutely fine on them. The only noticeable side effect has been feeling very cold sometimes but then I've always been prone to that. Considering how I was before I went on these tablets...racing heart, skipped beats, feeling like I was going to pass out amongst other symptoms. .. I am more than happy to stay on them. I'm actually a bit afraid to come off them as everything is stable. I'm sure you'll be monitored so I would try not to worry about your pulse rate and allow the tablets to do their job. As another post says try and give yourself something to do..or think about to lessen the anxiety. I don't take them for that but I did have some anxiety over some personal probs and I have noticed I'm much more relaxed about things which is a bonus. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.