Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so a couple days ago I woke up with a swollen tonsils only on one side brushed it off thought it was nothing it finally went away yesterday but last night I noticed my jaw was hurting really bad and found a marble sized ball right underneath my jawline and a smaller one right on my jawbone I can barely open my mouth and I was to the point last night where I was in tears finally took some ibuprofen and started taking some old antibiotics( amoxicillin) the ibuprofen helped a lot but every time it wears off it startes swelling really bad again and hurting I’ve been googling my symptoms of course and a swollen salivary gland is the only thing that really makes since I don’t really know if the two incidents are related or not I’m going to the er later when my fience gets off just to make sure it’s nothing more serious hopefully it’s not and considering it just popped up within the past couple days since the sore tonsil happened I haven’t made an appointment with my doctor yet cause honestly he’s kind of mean and he yells (don’t know if he can’t hear or if he’s just like that I know this is unrelated) but I’d rather go to the er before going to him if the er thinks I need to see an ENT then I’ll make an appointment to get a referral just trying to figure out if this could be possible that it’s a swollen salivary gland or if anyone has had anything similar happen 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You should go to your doctor. I developed a swollen gland under my jaw, I thought it was a salivary gland but after an ultrasound it turned out to be a lymph node. Thankfully doctors believe it is non-cancerous. You should get checked out soon.
  • Posted

you can also see a dentist, i did when i thought i had salivary stones but the er is your best bet for getting proper imaging right away! good luck🖒 also sounds like you should change pcp, nobody should feel discouraged seeing a doctor for any issue!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.