Help

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all,

I've had a problem with alcohol since I was 12. So that's 25 years of drinking almost every day. I have tried everything..AA, CA, Antabuse etc but still can't beat it. I have been through a lot of bad stuff and I honestly think I drink to escape my demons, but I don't want to die. I feel like I am doing myself harm but I have kids and don't want to leave them. What do I do?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was in your exact same situation, nothing was working.  I knew I had to quit and I really wanted too I was just at the point where I couldn’t without help.  After begging family members and losing my job I finally did a 28 day rehab stint and I’m now 2 months clean back home and working.  Rehab may be your only hope.  It taught me a lot and saved many of my relationships with family and friends. 
  • Posted

Hi Paul

So sorry to hear how alcohol has messed with your life. There is an alternative.

Have a look at One Little Pill I believe its available on Amazon and or YouTube

My OH has been following TSM for the past 16 months. He has gone from 20-30 units a day to 6 units a week. He is able to have the odd beer without it setting off the usual binges blackouts Delerium Tremens and seizures ( yes he was very unwell)

Kind Regards

JulieAnne x

• Posted

HiyaJulieAnne, are you talking about Naltrexone? Because I’ve tried all and I’m still struggling with the demon
  • Posted

Hi well firstly your children will be mentally effected by your drinking and that is the one big selfish behaviour of an alcoholic. When I was drinking vodka came 1st 2nd 3rd you know the rest ! I have been dry now for 7 yrs have Korsakoff's syndrome for my trouble I was diagnosed when I was 41 years old. My son is indeed my carer he sorts medication comes shopping with me he comes to my doctor and hospital appointments due to other health conditions I have due to the alcohol I used to drink. He has seen me sectioned under the mental health act due to the severity of my drinking and I did beat it but still suffer the consequences now. Severe circulation problems I suffer very bad headaches but through all that I am still here and not fighting alcohol anymore. I can't work due to my Disability and am claiming benefits due to being registered disabled. I have had so many regrets for my past but cannot safely say I don't look back anymore for me life is yes difficult but I was all my owork fault. I am lucky I was sectioned when I was as obviously I wouldn't be responding to you right now I would be dead ! Fact that it is !! Fight for your children they will eventually learn to forgive you and also given time will also understand your abuse of alcohol ! Think about your options talk to your doctor and also social workers deal with this kind of addiction !! Good luck and be kind to yourself your ill but there is help out there !! Take Care x

• Posted

Hi Smudger

Be kind to yourself 💖 Alcoholism is not a moral failing, it's a physical illness. Medics AA rehab whatever are all quick to point the finger. It's so much easier to blame the individual. Sorry to hear your life has been so badly affected by this disease.

Kindest Regards

JulieAnne x

• Posted

I’m so sorry Paul, I had written a whole lot to you about the causes, the choices and that I’m just out of rehab for the fifth time. I have a lot of bad issues too pertaining to my childhood and finally someone listens and I’m waiting to hear from a psychotherapist. I’ve lived with a helluva lot since I was 3 years old. So what’s to lose? 

• Posted

Some great replies paul. Watch one little pill and also think of rehab to save your family, health and sanity. I was on the point of destroying my family as well but managed to stop 5 1/2 years ago. Best of luck...
  • Posted

Thanks very much for the words of wisdom, it means a lot that a stranger would care about another stranger..Sorry if am talkin s*** av had 3 bottles..not proud but plannin to stop tmoz

Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

Planning to stop tomorrow I used to say that ! Tomorrow never came that's why tomorrow is always too late and also why I now suffer with Dimentia. I suggest tomorrow for you does actually come !! Good Luck and Will Power is a b***h but if you want something that badly you will put everything into getting it. Obviously your body is telling you something totally different but the choice is really quite simple. I do wish you would !!

• Posted

How very very true! Lost count of the times I said that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.