HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had the radioactive tablet about 15 years ago as I had Graves’ disease. Ive been on thyroxine since. I take it at night before bed which probably isn’t ideal. 

I had a blood test and it is showing that one of my levels is very low, indicating hypothyroidism. How can this be when I take 200mg 6 days a week? I’m scared. Anyone else been through this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I always take it in the morning ,it seems more stable.

Why don't you take it every day , instead of 6 times x week ?

What's your weight ?

I'm 158lbs and take 150mg a day Synthroid.

My doctor said the dosage is determined mostly by your weight.

• Posted

Please don't let your doctor think one should dose by weight...Ive been on 200mcg at 116 lbs and barely felt it. There are so many other factors that contribute to dosing NOT by weight alone,.even just aging w no weight gain...poor conversion of T4 to FT3. or too much RT3. etc.

• Posted

You never gave your test results. Was it the TSH? Or FreeT or FT4? I took 200mcg years ago.and I only weighed 116lbs. My FT3 was 4.2 which is supposedly a good result except I barely felt it ....good on paper only. To get a good FT3 my TSH will be suppressed so.UNFORTUNATELY an unknowlegable doctor lowered me to 150mcg....TSH still.suppressed (but at least stop thyroid growths). but my FT3 dropped to 3.0. (USA range). which is low normal so add T3...but doctors dont understand the dosing. Mainly it's about how do you feel NOT test results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.