help

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 15 and i was born with a congenital heart disorder called bicuspid aortic heart valve. ive been monitored 1-2 times a year since birth. i was diagnosed with panic disorder and anxiety a couple of months ago. i was admitted into the hospital in February of this year because i thought i was having a heart attack. i had three ekgs, 2 echos, chest xray, and blood work. however, that was months ago. three or four months ago, i had this burning pain in the middle of my chest that would come and go. it went away completely after three days. i have shortness of breath that comes and goes everyday, it goes away when i dont think about it. i also have lot of other weird symptoms. i did the worst a hypochondriac could do, and searched up my condition. it said i am more likely to have an aneurysm in my blood vessel or something. ive been worried for months about this. would it have killed me already if it were serious? i go next week for my yearly and im so stressed and worried and ive cried about it because im scared of what they'll find

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

also i need to mention that the cardiologist that ive been seeing all of my life said i would be fine until my 60s, and i might need surgery in my 60s

• Posted

What he said is the truth. You might also die of something else before then.

With monitoring they will always know when there is something to be concerned about. I had my aortic valve replaced when I was 78. By the time yours needs doing just think of the advances in surgery there have been

• Posted

Hi Shelby,

Dont worry yourself. My mum has the same condition and she is still fit and well at the age of 65. It is good that you are monitored but thats all it is, keeping an eye on things. If you were passing out and suffering from abnormal heart rhythms it would be a worry but what you describe is likely be plain old anxiety getting the better of you. Relax and enjoy your life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.