Help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies

I feel like I'm at my wits end. Last night I literally slept 10 minutes all night. I have many nights of disrupted sleep but for over a week now I'm not sleeping at all. I've tried melatonin and my Xanax but nothing helps. This is turn causes chest pain, tingling ets from the intense anxietyt brings on. How do I get back to a sleep schedule? Tried to call my doctor who is out of state (I moved a great ago but have kept him as a doctor because I haven't been able to find one here) and he's not in... The nurse recommended I go to the hospital but been there some that many times with only bills to show for it. I'm an emotional mess thinking something serious is wrong.... Any advice would be great.. I need my life back

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Magnesium supplements. works Everytime for me. Chelated Magnesium preferably

• Posted

Joanne1972, this sleep thing is the worse because it makes everything feel worse. I started seeing a psychologist who helped me find ways of dealing with the stress so I have been able to sleep better, most nights. The tricks that seem to have worked for me are a meditative walk (I use Louise Hays book), a warm lavender Epsom salt bath and a small cup of something warm. It doesn't work every time, but more often than not. Best wishes. Thanks for sharing. It also helps to know so many are feeling the same way at this time of life.

• Posted

Hi Joann,

I too am a big proponent of magnesium. I takes 200 mg in the morning and 400 mg with 1,000 mg of vitamin d about an hour before bed - i take magnesium glycinate and magnesium taurate - it's a combo capsule. I found that melantonin didn't do much for helping me. I have periods when sleeping is a challenge and then out of nowhere get back on course.

For me, I find I can get to sleep pretty easily most nights (not all) but that I wake up 2-3 hours later and cannot get back to sleep. I will be up for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night. If I am about to approach the end of hour 2 of being totally awake, I will get up - go to the kitchen, drink a small glass of milk and have a graham cracker. When I get back into bed, I inevitably fall back to sleep.

Are you on any type of HRT? I am not but have read on countless sites that oral progesterone does wonders for sleep. You may want to speak to your doctor about hrt.

Lack of sleep is brutal and I understand. Hopefully you will find a solution. Let us know.

• Posted

Depending on how you feel about pharmaceuticals, I suggest "Trazodone". it works like a charm for some people.

• Posted

Thanks Ladies

After a trip to the ER, some fluids and Ativan I came home and felt much Better. Ended the night with some Benadryl and slept all night for the first time in months. At least I know it was nothing sinister other than this damn peri. I will be so happy when this junk is over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.