Help

Posted , 8 users are following.

In a dilemma with my blood pressure last 4 days results been 200/109, 218/121, 196/130, 193/119, 192/111, 180/109, 205/108, 195/110 last night was 191/107 this morning was 190/114 .Chest pain & jaw pain. But to scared to do anything about it because of corona.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would be more scared of not doing anything about it. most doctors are doing telephone consultations and can send prescriptions directly to your pharmacy. Please take steps to get your blood pressure under control especially at the minute. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Poppy, I can understand why you're afraid, but you need something to bring your blood pressure down.

I don't know where you're based, but in the UK we can call 111, which is one step removed from 999, the emergency number. Do you have an equivalent to call? Or can you contact your GP by phone? You don't have to go near anyone that way, and they can send a prescription to your local pharmacy...

• Posted

Hello Poppy, please telephone someone about your blood pressure readings. Don't leave it any longer.

Let us know how you get on and, good luck!

• Edited

Hi, I have had similar readings myself, but because I also have a CHD (congenital heart defect)

the protocol is too call your pcp or in my case I had to go to the ER and was consequently treated for a hypertensive emergency and afib at the same time. But regardless of a CHD or not one should still reach out to their pcp for guideance . Good luck. I've also been advised not to watch anymore news because stress exacerbates a CHD.

• Posted

you need to call your doctor and bring that pressure down.

good luck

• Posted

you need to call your doctor and bring that pressure down.

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.