Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I had some bad reactions on this medicine in fact life threatening for 5 weeks at about 6:00 or 7:00 mg A-day. I cold Turkey withdrew from it and I am on day 30 of the most intense full body electrical sensations and inability to relax from my head to my toes. I went through benzo withdrawal and it took me a solid 2 years to recover awhile back, and now I am scared that this is going to take a year or 2. Anybody have any words of encouragement or advice? This is much worse than the benzo withdrawal because I have buzzing in my head sinuses and body at all times pretty much and every other symptom you can name. need encouragement to keep going!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also severe bloated stomach and inability to gain weight. I went from 175 down to about 1:39

• Posted

600 or 700 mg A-day for 5 weeks with life threatening electrical full body panic attacks at least 5 times before I withdrew abruptly

• Posted

When I go to sleep at night, I feel buzzing from my head down to my feet and I only get about 3 to 6 hours of sleep that is mostly REM strange dreams

• Posted

It seems like you may have condensed your symptoms of withdrawal down to the extreme because of the cold turkey approach. I would say that if you are feeling this much discomfort you should quickly see a doctor and get their opinion. It is possible they may reinstate the gabapentin at a lower dose to start a proper taper. There are so many factors that can go in to how you are feeling and what your recovery timeline might be. It does get better so hang in there.

• Posted

I don't think I can reinstate at this point because of the numerous life threatening reactions I had when I was on the medication which probably kindled my nervous system. Do you think I will get better if I ride this out for another year or 2? I read some horror stories on here that some people never heal, but I have the feeling it's because they had underlying conditions that never abated after withdrawal ended. my system is in a constant state of hypersensitive arousal. any more replies would be appreciated

• Posted

i could be completely wrong but i am skeptical of symptoms that never abate and believe that there is likely something else going on. Based on my experience and others i have read on this site, you are still very much within the timeline where symptoms are common. If they do not appear to be getting better over the coming weeks i would speak to a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.