Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and I wrote here before about numbness in my vaginal and back passage area. I had an mri done 2 weeks ago and nothing bad was found. I've been ok but today i kind of feel it there again. I guess I'm just looking for more reassurance. would the mri have shown anything bad like cauda equina or anything. does anyone else think this is all baby?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds like you’re feeling the baby. Also, a firm diagnosis of cauda equina is made using an MRI, which you have had done. Yes, it would have shown up. my daughter is also pregnant and she gets all kinds of strange feelings but she has books on pregnancy that she refers to which reassure her that it’s normal. Try to relax about this and enjoy your pregnancy. and remind yourself that with anxiety comes negative thoughts that are not based on fact. Focus on the positive. Focus on things like getting ready for the baby, things that are positive and happy. take care

• Posted

thanks jan. u always reassure me. yeah absolutely I have loads of aches and pains now aswell. I hope ur daughter is doing good. it's so exciting but at the same time it's scary. I'm getting so scared about the labour and the pain even though I've been through it before. but im still so scared. I cant wait to have my baby in my arms xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.