HELP! * ABDOMINAL *

Posted , 11 users are following.

I know a bit too much info but I've enclosed a photo here of my poo. I have an endoscopy on tuesday BY THE WAY. i am a massive hypochondriac.

this is how my poo usually looks. black bits ( not undigested food as they're tiny like flakes ) red rolled up tomato skins ( i hate tomatoes dont eat them ! ) 

can anybody help? my thoughts are going crazy :'( 

obviously i will be going to the doctors again. they believed it was undigested food to which i've changed my diet, watched what i've eaten and it's still the same. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi rose95790

They look like parasites of some kind you need to get your stool analysed. Do you get pain at all?. it could also be old blood that resemble coffee grains...ask your doc to do a stool test for blood and parasites...

• Posted

If you have red rolled up tomato skins in your stool, this is undigested food.  Is that what you are seeing?  I am unclear whether you are seeing black specks only in your stool or tomato skins as well.  Wait for the results of your endoscopy.
    • Posted

Sorry for the confusion. I wrote this in a rushed out panic frenzy. I'm convinced its liver fluke but thank-you. Definitely see what my endoscopy shows :-) x

• Posted

Beg to see a decent doctor tomorrow that looks awful you poor bugger. Insist they help you now. If they don't get a second opinion, also ask about a dietitians appointment too. Let's us know what they do.

• Posted

Hi Sam! 

I had the doctors today. And told her everything! I put my foot down and she was amazing. I am being referred for an abdominal ultrasound and a stool sample has been taken in! Finally!

I have been given mebeverine tablets and threadworm treatment(nice!) depending on how my pain is after these tablets and again, results from these tests.. I may be referred to a gastroenterologist for even further investigation and more tests. I hope this is the case because my head is going in circles with anxiety and fear over pains in my chest etc. I get my heart checked regularly due to a mitral valve prolapse so this, I believe is fine and my heart is the not the cause. I get cramp like pain that lasts a few seconds or sharp pain that stops me in my tracks as its quite intense.... I deem it is something. But what is it? I hate waiting and the unknowing. Makes my anxiety horrendous. 

I don't gain weight at all, have changed my diet, have even took on yoga.. and its just getting worse! I had a gastroscopy and it my oesophagus appeared fine and healthy, but the pain in my right quadrant, middle of my upper abdomen and discomfort from pain in my ribs (almost like cramps constantly and I fart like a trooper) is persistent. 

• Posted

Hey rose,

I have really similar symptoms to you -- pain in my right side, sharp and dull, with the same GI issues. I've suspected it's a parasite for a while, since I definitely know I had one a few years back. How did your tests come back? Did the doctors figure anything out? 

• Posted

Hey, I have similar symptoms as well. Did you ever find out what was wrong with you? I had the worst reflux of my life last night, didn’t poo for days then my poo came out exactly like the original poster’s picture. I try to still enjoy my food but have so much reflux, bloating, nausea at times and alternating bowel movements, it’s exhausting. I’m still young, I’m 32, had this for 2.5 years. Help!
    • Posted

Hey Rose, I hope you feel better and got to the bottom of it. Did you ever find out what was wrong with you? My poo is literally identical to that pic you posted. I don’t get it all the time but definitely like yours when it happens. I get alternating bowel movements, anxiety, loose stools, burping, reflux and nausea after eating. I’m only 32 and so exhausted with it. Please let me know if you found anything out. I wish I was my old normal self, this really affects my mental health, and I am also v anxious about health too!
  • Posted

Hi did anyone ever get a resolution to these symptoms or a correct diagnosis?

i have the exact same symptoms and pain in the same area.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.