Help about Diabetes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I need some advice.

For a while now, i have suspected i may have Diabetes, pulled up from the NHS website i have listed the symptoms

-feeling very thirsty

-urinating more frequently than usual, particularly at night

-feeling very tired

-weight loss and loss of muscle bulk

-itchiness around the genital area, or regular bouts of thrush (a yeast infection)

-blurred vision caused by the lens of your eye changing shape

-slow healing of cuts and grazes

I have all these symptoms, not only that, but I have seizures, i go hot and sweaty, dizzy, shocks and collapse, but if i were to ear a Mars bar or have some full fat coca cola, the symptoms stop.

I have been to my GP numerous times who says I dont have Diabetes, but why do I have all the matching symptoms? and am I having seizures, or could it more be diabetes linked because according to neurology, I dont have epilepsy either, they are unexplained.

Been to doctors AGAIN today who has took more bloods, but need advice from people who know about this condition and if there is anything similar it could be.

Thank you

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Martin

Is his word on you not having diabetes something he has said as a baseless guess or has he actually done bloodwork on you?

Such as a glucose tolerance test, HbgA1C etc?

Any other bloodwork?

Any medications that you are on?

Lill

• Posted

Hi, he has done bloods before and then never heard anything back other than I don't have Diabetes, everything seems to link up to it but im so worried about it, it is making me ill, and he doesn't seem to worry like I do, no HbgA1C has been done, I have requested it but aparantly it is "further down the line" but the line seems to be being cut short too quick
    • Posted

No medication that would cause this, I have just started Methotrexate for Eczema within the last few days, this has gone on for around 2 years, other than that, just Salbutamol (Ventolin) for Asthma
  • Posted

Hmm...

I can tell you are worried.

Very frustrating to have had these symptoms for such a while and to have no answer as yet.

How long ago was the bloodwork done?

Lill

• Posted

Had them done 2 times over the last 2 years and one today, i know he will say it is nothing to do with diabetes, he always has, but that doesnt explain all the symptoms that all match up to it
    • Posted

Sorry~ This site sometimes is slow and doesn't accept the typing, now must retype everything again.

I would stop the worry about the diabets angle...if he has done bloodwork and it has come back negative then it isn't diabetes.

There are many conditions that can replicate those very symptoms that you have mentioned. Perhaps the doctor has done some other bloodwork today that will reveal something new.

Otherwise, would it be a possible consideration to seek out another opinion? Or perhaps attend the clinic or an outpatient site when you are actually feeling unwell, so that they would see you first hand during an episode?

Lill

• Posted

Martin

Has your doctor spoke to you at all about hypoglycemia?

People can have hypoglycemia without being diabetic....

But also, having a glucose tolerance  test, where you  fast, then go to the lab and have your blood taken, then drink a glucose drink and return again in two hours and have another blood test done.  Have you had this?

Hypoglycemia is what your symptoms sound like to me...it can be caused by different conditions...

Do you eat regularly? Or do you eat only once in a while?

Lill

• Posted

it wouldnt hurt to get a second opinon from a different doctor
  • Posted

Hello Martin

​I think what you may have is either a overactive thyriod or a underactive one you. if its a overactive thyriod it can make you feel extremely tired and it can also make you think you have something else wrong (like diabetes) has the body is attacking it self.I think you need to go and see another doctor in your practise if this is possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.