HELP ABOUT STRICTURES URETHRA!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today im back to my urologist after all test he say i get prostatitis but i say "are you serious about prostatitis?, this isnt strictures urethra ??" after i say that he try urine flow check again and i got poor flow, hes tell me to get urethrogram and thats whats my painfulll history, and the catheter cant enter my bladder. doctor say i must go to cytoscopy but i got trauma for urethrogram today, and he day if this strictures urethra he will dilation and i will continue self dilation in 6 month (two time perday), it will work or not ? after read all post in this forum about dilation i think twice 😦 . when i say uroplasty to my uro he say thats treatment not for all condition stricture .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

First of all let me ask u, where r u from and where is your treatment getting done?

Second if they do cystoscopy request for a baloon dilation instead of cold/hot knife or laser.

Hopefully that shoould help and its better than an incision.

Third if it works out and you do your due deligence of self dialation it should solve the problem if not do then TRY NOT TO GET THE SECOND PROCEDURE in my opinion if the first time it didnt work then the second time it won't. Better urethroplasty.

Depends also on how old you are and where is your treatment getting done.

Good luck

• Posted

im from indonesia, and thats treatment in prince court hospital malay. im male 24 years old . but if they do cytoscopy they want built in procedure (if there a thing they must do something as soon as possible without wait im wake from anasthesia) how ?

• Posted

Hi, I read others with RS got relief from taking Bee Pollen. Try your luck.. It may take two weeks to feel the effects.

• Posted

can you give me link for article or forum about it ? are you feel better after take bee polen

• Posted

You can google Bee Pollen for urethral strictures... There are also some posts on this website about their story.

• Posted

Hi.i think you should go for urethrotomy instead of urethroplasty bcoz there is new treatment that is about to come to cure urethral stricture and its name is urotronic optilume drug coated balloon catheter and you can also check on google.its website is urotronic

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Edited

Buddy. I think your to young to go through that surgery. It can cause you a lot of problem. They have to go through and cut a lot of muscle and other thing to get to the urethra. For now try the dilation and see how it goes. I have one and it has not been a bother. I think it was the catheter that the doctors put in. I have had a 12 fr to a 25 fr 3 way. Last check it is good. Take care Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.