Help/Advice About My Eyes.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

​For the last 3-4 days, I've been having some problems with my eyes. I don't think it's anything to serious, but I was wondering if anyone knew something I could do or try to help it.

​So, basically my eyes have all of a sudden got pretty dry. It varies during the day how it is, for instance, in the afternoon it feels like it's almost gone, and in the evening it's back again.

​My eyes feel fairly heavy and I seem to be squinting a little. At first, they were watering a bit, but this has stopped completely. It seems to be the outside part of the eye on the skin which is the problem? It seems a litle red. There is no pain, it just feels dry. I also find looking at the computer doesnt do it any favours. However, my eye sight and such has remained the same but as I say, my eye feels heavy and dry and a tad annoying at times. I'll attach a picture of what it's like. (I found the picture on Google so it's not me, but looks a bit like what I have.)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Apply a warm compress to your eyes. This can help unplug blocked tear glands.

Clean your eyelids with a mild wash.

Make a point to blink regularly, especially when watching television, reading, or using a computer

Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight. Exposure to the sun can cause dryness or make it worse.

• Posted

From the picture it looks like it's the skin that's red, not the eye.

But its both eyes, right? Not just one?

Healthange has good advice. Try that....

Use mix a drop of baby shampoo into an egg cup foof water and dip a cotton bud (Q-Tip?) into it and and gently run this watered down mix along upper and lower eye lids... Go slowly. Don't want to poke the bud into your eye!

Apply the warm compresses first.

It's important your eyes remain moist, so get some eye drops and make an appointment with your doctor if it persist.

Don't take risks or delay when it comes to eyes.

• Posted

I'm not sure if this helps but do you suffer from eczema at all? Sometimes I would get a little much like the picture around my eye and my eyes would also feel dry, what I found great for dry eyes was a night cream to put in ur eye called Xailin Night my eyes always felt a lot better in the morning but always see a doc if your worried smile
  • Posted

healthange66961, Sus28, Light and jess09891, thank you all so much for your responses, I really appreciate it!  cheesygrin

It turns out I've given you guys the wrong symptoms haha! As I woke up this morning, the dryness around my eyes seems to have gone away. This time, my right eye feels fine but my left eye is very bloodshot in places and feels a little sensetive to light and there also feels like there is something in my eye as well! I've also got a minor cold right now too, so I think I may have conjunctivitis?

I read this just goes away by itself so I'm just going to get an early night and try having a Lemsip. I'm goign to purchase some eye drops tomorrow too, is that okay to do? I have no pain or discomfort still. Does this sound defintley like conjunctivits to you guys? I've noticed I've had to blow my nose a lot throughout the day and my body feels chilly at times!  neutral I have also experienced a minor headache.

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated!  cool

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.