Help advice on tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

Rite IV been diagnosed with psroriatic arthritis.

Tests

1 my bloods are normal

2 hand x ray all ok

3 wrist x ray all ok

4 chest x ray all ok

5 foot x ray all ok

6 bloods still all ok

7 back x ray all ok

Rite for the last 14 months IV had there symptoms and some days I struggle getting out of bed and other days it's not that bad at all

1. Feet sting, burn, and cause alot of pain, they feel like they are in a hot bath, causing my to limp or struggle to walk

2. My back is very very bad IV had 14 weeks on the sick on 12month of employment, it's stopped my doing alot of activities, but i have taken up swimming

3. My big toe in now numb and has been for 10weeks and the feeling in my angle has decreased and back of foot

4. My elbows ACH

5 my hands are very bad in the mornings sometimes i cant open a jam jar, find it difficult to close a fist, gets much better within a few hrs but sore all day.

All there symptoms are very bad in mornings but ease throughout the day and then gets not bad but sore in the evenings

They say iv got arthritis but no proof on paper but want to start me on auto ammume tablets is that bad ??? Don't like the sound of them as you need blood tests every 4 weeks ?? Any advice would help me decide that ks, also IV been on pregablin and naproxen and this has helped me alot but the problem is still there

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi glenn, I have had psoriasis for about 38 yrs and was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis back in 2001 i only had it for a year was put on sulphasalazine but had to come off it as knocked my white blood cells down to borderline, my PsA went and hasnt come back fingers crossed. Since then I have been diagnosed with B12, and Vitamin D deficiency and was wondering did your doctor also check these out, your be suprised how ill you can be when these vitamins are low.
  • Posted

Proof in terms of tangible test results for PsA is difficult to obtain as it affects the tendons and ligaments that dont show up on xray - you need an MRI scan - even a nuclear scan admittedly not readily availabe everywhere would be best.

I'm afraid that taking the medication is virtually the only way of checking out the daignosis without sophisticated scans.  It is your tendons and ligament soft tissue that is attacked in PsA that does not show up on xray.

If your auto immune system is attacking you rather than foreign bodies early and quite agressive treatment is reccomended for the best results. and be warned the journey to find the right drug(s) for you can be a long one. Chosing to be treated with the drugs is one of accepting that you have a chronic disease that can get worse. It can also get better but for some, you sound like one, your really need the drugs. Its a trade off between your quality of life and your dislike of drugs. For me it was a know brainer... quality of life came first - I swallowed or injected the drugs. Side effects wear off  but once you've lost mobility its difficult to get it back.

People come to the forum when they have problems but for everyone here there wil be hundreds or thousands who are happily taking the treatments and benfitting from them...so sorry the problem wont go away without drugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.