Help!! Almost past out!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys Im freaking out and not sure if I should go to the er!! Ive been having a racing heart and palpitations all day, for the most part, Ive been dealing with it but while grocery shopping I had one SO big, I saw black for a moment and almost past out!!! is this normal with heart palpitations???? please help!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I would never take a chance with anything like that, but remember to try and think rationally about what made you feel like you were about to pass out, was it the Palps, or could it be the combination if them and massively heightened stress levels for a prolonged time, that caused a drop in blood pressure momentarily?!?

try sitting/lying with your feet raised for a few minutes see if it alleviates the symptoms.

• Posted

thank you for your reply! Yes I saw black and felt like I was going to faint, as I felt the palpitations. I did drink the night before, which causes my symptoms. But Ive never felt like passing out. yea I totally have been stressed about it today, which means Ive been focusing on it, which in turn will make it worse. I didn't think about my blood pressure though. My heart rate is normal and steady. Im just getting these weird sensations in the middle of my chest, like something is moving..... Im freaked

• Posted

One of my anxiety symptoms is almost fainting when its really bad. I never have though. But my vision has gone black before. It's very scary! But if you feel really scared then you maybe should go to the ER. They can calm you down.

• Posted

thank you for your reply.. yea seeing all black was worse than the palpitations!! I think Jason had a point too about my blood pressure... I have been getting ringing in my ears today. yea i was gonna go, but im so tired of running to the er, im trying to rationalize my fears now and with the help of you nice people! my heart rate is in normal range and steady, ive been to the er a thousand times for palpitations... and even though Id love for them to monitor me, they'll probably see im fine, since i can feel my pulse. i hate all those hours wasted just so a doc can reassure me. but I always play in the facter of... the what if game?? what if it IS something this time??? now second guessing myself!! thinking the worst, like Vfib!!!

• Posted

christina, as an anxiety sufferer you should really consider dropping the alcohol all together! it has been a life saver for me!

• Posted

hi!!! yes thank you for your reply!! ive been masking my anxiety with alcohol for years!! but for the last year, my heart can't take it anymore!! even drinking a little causes me to wake up in the middle of the night with a racing heart, palpitations, chest pain, impending doom feeling.... I also believe I had a couple episodes of Afib. I need help. how did you do it???? what were your symptoms??

• Posted

i get a rush of fear throughout my whole body. warm tingly wave of fear lol. I stopped drinking and that really helped me but now i am experiencing anxiety with my menstrual cycle. So i feel like im back at square one 😦

• Posted

Alcohol mAkes my anxiety really bad the next day too. What i do is justjust tell my self this, and i know once i get a good nights sleep ill be better.

Just do some deep slow brearhing excercise, try really hard to take your mind off it, maybe watch ur favorite tv show, read, i know its easy said than done, at the end of the day a&e will not do much.

If you struggle to sleep tonight then in the morning see the dr for som diazipam.

Best of luck xx

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply. that eases me. yea I know they won't do much and my resting heart rate has gone down with some light flutters.

• Posted

Hi Christina

I get those heart flutters too but doctor said it was anxiety. I get palpitations and feel like I am going to pass out but never do, I don't drink alcohol though. I hate going to supermarket, I race around the aisles j u st to get out from there quickly. I miss all the bargains ☺

• Posted

thank you for your reply!! yea thats how I felt today... once I had that experience.... I booked it!! the sensations are so strong, its hard to NOT run to the er!! yea I have treated my health anxiety for years now... with alcohol but it took me this long to see that it just made it worse and... my heart literally can't take it anymore

• Posted

Have had it before,its so hard to break the cycle of thinking about it which only makes it worse. Trying calming yourself with a distraction. I used to run very cold water over the underside of my wrists,calmed me down and distracted me. You need to break the thought cycle. Thinking about them can caus them If you have a prescribed anxiety med take it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.