HELP am I at risk?

Posted , 3 users are following.

so 2 days ago i had sex with someone who had a coldsore on their lip. we didnt kiss & he didnt give me oral sex. how much at risk am i from catching genital hsv1? obv i dont know if he accidentally touched it during sex but im pretty certain he didnt.

i have no signs or symptoms currently but really hoping for some reassurance cos i have severe anxiety

thanks so much

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So you just had sex immediately without doing anything else? I would say no but who knows if he touched his lips with his finger and then touched his penis to you know put it in you or using lubricant - if you did - and lubricate it, again by using his finger or something else idk if he fingered you afterwards...

• Posted

there was foreplay & we did everything that didnt involve his lips touching any part of my body

• Posted

Well maybe he touched himself without thinking. Give it few more days and see how it goes if something pops up in your area..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.