Help and advice needed please.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

?I am on cerazette pill and have been for the last 5 years.  I switched from the combined pill.

I am accustomed to odd bleeding such as spotting and when I do have a period it can be quite long, but very light and changeable in colour.

Currently I am experiencing something quite different and unusual for me.

I began a period over 2 weeks ago.

The bleeding is consistently bright red.

?I am having almost constant period pain and lower back pain.

These two things I can cope with.

?I'm wondering when it's going to stop.  Indeed, IF it is going to stop.

Of course I've googled and come up with polyps in the womb and fibroids.

I am due a smear test and am booked in at the end of the month (the earliest they could see me).

?I'm wondering how long I should have this continue before I make a doctor's appointment.  Is it too soon to be examining whether this is just a blip of irregular bleeding or something more serious?

?I am looking for advice as to when I should take this forward with a health consultant if the bleeding doesn't stop.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had fibroids and my periods continued to get longer and heavier. I had UFE and it has done wonders for me.  Your doctor should be able to examine you to see if you have fibroids. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Thank-you Linda.

​Hopefully I can see my GP today.  Just have to go down there and hope my tired, weary face will convince them I can have an appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.