help and advice needed please

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all i've been on propranolol for just over a year started at 10mg 4x daily and for the last 7 months been on 10mg 3x daily haveing off balance feeling been balance clinic and neurologist cannot find a problem i suffer terrible anxiety this is why i'm on propranolol the problem is now i'm on day 3 of weaning down from 30mg to 20mg and to be honest i feel terrible dizzy feeling not feeling myself at all is this a normal feeling i didnt feel like this from dropping from 40 to 30 doctor has offered me antidepressants but i'm hesitent taking them while on propranolol as i'm scared they will interact with each other, anyone else taking a/d while on propranolol and if so what is the best one to go on which wont give many side effects really desperate now as this feeling is overtakeing my life any advice will be helpful thank you

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Perhaps your doctor would be agreeable to wean down from 4 tablets to 3 1/2 for a time, and then down to 3. Unless there is a hurry to get off of the drug, sometimes going slower on the weaning process is more helpful.

All my best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.