Help and advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have started taking or lists 4 weeks ago. I have my 1st official weigh in at the doctors and am worried/scared! Did anybody else feel like this? Am doing this along side slimming world and get weighed weekly there. According to there scales I have only lost 2lb. Has anybody else been like this?

also what sort of excersie do people partake in? I do circuit and met fit twice a week. Not sure if this is too much at the beginning?

Sorry for a lot of questions just don't have anyone to ask x 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello

EVERYONE feels like that before weigh in days even people not even on the tablets. Exercise wise i walk/do squats i don't go to the gym because i just wouldn't even though i have lost a ton of weight..hmm..

2lb off is still better than 2lb on.

I don't think i have seen your username before are you new to the boards?

Britney

x

• Posted

Hi, yeah am new

thank u.  I didn't think I would ever step into a gym but my mum convinced mr to give it a go, x 

• Posted

Hello just wanted to say good luck on your journey and well done for going to the gym

Britney

X

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum :-)

Its usual to feel anxious prior to being weighed and we have a quite a few members whose weight loss has been slower than others, you just got to stick with it.

I try to swim as much as possible and have now joined a fitness club, where I will try to do 3 classes of aerobic's each week.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank u 

I use to swim all the time but just can't bring myself to go to a pool at the minute! 

• Posted

I dont even dare look in a mirror when wearing a swimsuit, or I would never be able to go! I started swimming again 3 months ago, I felt so very self conscious at first, but gradually it got easier!

I am now trying to build my fitness levels up and hopefully tone my body up a bit. I have Slendertone abs, arms and shorts to help tone me a bit, but unfortunately it does not happen overnight! sad

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Yeah I no what u mean, I find it hard to discuss exercerise with my family as both my brothers are personal trainers. So it doesn't help that we argue. So never ask for advice of them.

I think once I start feeling better in myself I will hit the pool, 

if it did happen over night we would all be supermodels x 

• Posted

When I first decided to go swimming I put on my swimsuit at home and thought, well lets just go down there, you dont have to go in the pool.

I got in the changing cubical and thought, what the heck, I'm here now, go for it!....I used to feel anxious about getting out of the pool too, but I just got sick of being the prisoner of my own body.

Now I dont give a flying fig what anyone thinks about my size!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Yeah am just going to do that! Walk in and just go and not think about it.

will wait till all the kids go back to school next week and be there straight away. 

• Posted

Good for you!!! ...thats the spirit cheesygrin

Dont look in any mirrors....just put your swimsuit on an go...dont mention it to anyone either, that way you will not feel under pressure!

I cant begin to tell you how proud I felt about myself after I went, It was the best move I had made in ages!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.