Help and advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from acute anxiety and low mood since a minor op 3 weeks ago.  I am feeling really unwell with light dizzy head, stomach cramps, nausia, bloating, belching, tense, I have had periods of strong emotion where i have cried so much.  I am taking steps to try and help my self by relaxation cds writing my worries down and been given Beta \blockers and anti depressants (cetalopram) but still feel lost and so ill its frightening.  Has anyone out there had similar problems and what advice or experience can you help me with.  I have never been so worried in my life.  Thanks hope you can help.   Steve 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Steve

It will get better, give your medication a chance to start working, it could take a few weeks before you notice any real progress, but I promise it will get better. Hang in there my friend.

• Posted

hey steve, the best way to calm your feelings is to know that u r not alone with this problem. many others have similar issues and chating with them nd sharing each others experiences will surely help. however i have a different type of problem ( of having a heart disease even though doctors deny it ) but i also suffer from anxiety and you will get to know people with your problem on portals like this. it is good to share your experiences nd i hope you get over it soon. 
  • Posted

well,sometimes all of us experience the climax of anxeity n even we use medicin it doesnt work.maybe u r in that situation now but the only thing u should now is it will disappear.just concentrate that it will be ok day by day hour by hour minute by minute second by secound u should just wait it will go.no worries;-)
  • Posted

Steve. You are doing all the right things,writing down emotions and trying to find ways to relax as well as takin your medication. All the sensations and feelings are very typical of anxiety but could also be side effects of your medication. Many are known to increase anxiety for a little while until they settle into your system. I know how you are feeling is scary and overwhelming but it won't be too long before you feel the effects of your medication and slowly it will all fall into place.

Just remember that there are hundreds of us on this forum alone suffering just the same so what you are experiencing is nothing unusual ,you are not alone. We are all here for you and each other to support and reassure.

You keep doing what you are doing and I think you will find that in a few weeks time,all that work will of paid off xx

• Posted

Gillian, Thank you for the kind words, you can feel very alone and helpless with this as it is so hard to explain how this feels to someone who hasn't been through it.  Trying to stop the negative thoughts are very hard too.  I have had a few episodes in my life but never felt it as bad as this.  even eating is a struggle at times because of the constant nausia and bloated feelings and feel worse after eating.

onwards and up, a poblem shared... thanks again x

• Posted

Hey that's the name of my Facebook group. Mental health support group(A problem shared).

The thoughts are the most distressing symptom and quite often the last to go but they do go. As depression and anxiety lifts..your mood brightens and normal thoughts start to take over. You hardly dont recognise them at first but after a while you realise that you actual had a few connecting thoughts that where about normal everyday things..not the negative stuff xx

• Posted

hey, learnt about CBT today, try to google it and we all can start our own CBT session on this portal.... it looked quite helpful and claims to give best results without any medication to reduce anxity / panic attacks.... pls let me know about your feelings about CBT ... thnx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.