Help and Advice Please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Woke Saturday during the night with sharp pains through my chest, hard to breathe and my ribs were hurting.. Went to a out of hours emergency appointment with the hospital and they examined me advising I have costochondritis. My heart is racing and my body keeps shaking?

I'm just basically wanting to know if this is normal, as I'm quite scared

Thanks,

Brianna

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brianna

Did the out of hours check your heart and bloods?

• Posted

Checked my heart, said not necessary to check my bloods as they assured me what's brought this on is a heavy sharp cough I've had for 4 weeks.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, thanks for replying by the way!
    • Posted

No worries anytime.

My Tietze syndrome started after having a really bad chesty cough and didn't know what hit me I was very much like you and scared and after 5 years of this I am the same but I can now cope with it mentally. If you are not happy please get a second opinion if anything to put your mind at rest. If you are on Facebook then there are great sites like forums to go on and you get to speak to people that are going through exactly the same as you. one I joined is called Tietze Syndrome but I am also a member of UK FIBRO and Fibromyalgia for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.