Help and advise please!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All, Help me out here.

I'm nearly 7 weeks post op TKR.  Have contributed and read every post on this site and the advise has been so helpful.

I have not missed a day of PT and see my physiotherapist once a week.  I walk x 2 (20mins), cycle x 3 (10-15 mins), exercise, ice and take painkillers.The pain is still quite harsh most of the time and I can only function with painkillers on board but I continue on. Last week my physiotherapist added ankle weights into my regime and I find that the pain is now worse.  Thought at the start that it was just the addition that was making it so sore and I could work through it. But the pain is getting worse and sleepless nights are not helping.

Should I stop the weights?

Take a day off from everything (except stretching)?

What do you guys think?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The thing about the weights is that they strengthen your muscles.

I bought ankle weights from sports shop.

It was getting on for 4 years ago so do not use them now and cannot remember what weight they were.

I would tell physiotherapist but in the meantime I would keep on with the wieghts.

It's hard work so it is going to hurt I'm afraid but hope like me you will find it is all worth while in the long run.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xxx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.