Help anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today at work I was sitting with my 2 bosses and all of a sudden it felt like the left side of my fave waa going numb, almost like it was drooping I had to look in the mirror then I still have the burning feeling under my chin. I have had a headache for over a month and had every test done. There telling me tension headaches and anxiety. Anyone else had this? Trying not to freak out. Also heart pelpatation off and on

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Headaches, heart palpitations, and are normal symptoms of anxiety. If you think you're having a stroke.. You're mind will give you symptoms of a stroke which causes you to panic.. Although nothing is really happening.

• Posted

Yeah I wasnt thinking that just came out of no where but I have been under alot of stress also.

Heres a little back ground

Over a month ago I went to the hospital with a headache. They did a ct scan on me it came out normal. Then they did a lumbar puncture on me that took the dr well over a half hour of jabbing me in the back anyways it had blood in it, so she thought I was having a brain anurisom, took me by ambulance to another hospital. They did a ct scan on my with contrast and came out normal, they sent me home after a bunch of other test and said I was having cluster migraines. I went back a few says later and they did another spinal tap on me came out completely normal again. Said im having migraines. Went to my drs a few days later she said I had a sinus infection. Put me on a bunch of medications. I went to a ent, they said I didnt have a sinus infwction but could have because I was on meds a week before I even went there. Anyways I had a follow up with my dr and she thinks I have anxiety from everything I went through. Now I am anxious all the time. Scared there is something wrong with me when they have done every test possible. Every little pain I have I want to run to the hospital. Im so scared all the time.

I also had a mri last week that came out normal. I think the hospital made me have a break down and now I constantly think something is wrong. I just wanna be back to normal sad

• Posted

Yep, it's the Beast Anxiety that you have. A few years back I thought I had a brain tumor and had pressure behind my eyes and headaches. CT Scan, blood tests, ENT nothing, healthy as can be. Mine got so bad I ended up in the hospital, It's a long story but what you really need to do is call a psychiatrist and make an appointment ASAP. When it is this bad and I know how you feel, Med's are the best bet at this point and a GP cannot give you these meds only a psychiatrist can. Write down everything you are feeling and tell the Psych! Good Luck 

• Posted

I would go with there testing and say medically you are ok. Today I also experienced some numbness in my face and I use to suffer from anxiety attacks long ago and I would get this symptom and it would FREAK me out. Being that I am under a lot of stress lately, I am attributing this feeling to anxiety as well. The headache doesn't help the anxiety but being so excited and scared all the time is grounds for consistent tension headaches. When I was suffering daily from panic attacks, I remember my headache NEVER went away.

Of course medically I was fine. As you are as well due to your testing being normal. Try some deep breathing exercises and cold water on the face always helped a bit.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Tt Alex its amazing how many people go through this. I really enjoy this site. Everyone is so nice and try to help each other out. How did you end up getting rid of your anxiety? I had it about 14 years ago after I had my daughter and it eventually went away. Im hoping it will do the same soon
    • Posted

I had started seeing a psychiatrist whom prescribed me meds for anxiety and depression. I really disliked being on them and one day just decided to make a lifestyle change. I started eating very healthy, exercising daily, gained s lot of confidence after doing this and Just began taking more control of my life. Excersise really is the most under utilized anti depressant.

I have anxious undertones don't get me wrong lol my attacks have went away fro good but I do get worried and overthink myself into some symptoms and insomnia.

I'm confident that with some very healty changes you could overcome this as well ! And as a benefit from making healthier lifestyle changes your daughter will pick up these habits.

• Posted

Ty Alex I will try anything about now, now is really a busy time of year at my work. So I dont have time to do much.
  • Posted

Hi Mindi,

In fact, in the winter I was grocery shopping and this same thing happened. I freaked out, left the store, and flew down the road to a doctor who was available after hours. He checked me out, and saw no sign of a stroke, and he didn't think further tests were necessary. I do have a bad neck and get pinched nerves, so I realized after a while it's what may have caused it (and yes I got the headaches too) maybe even coupled with an oncoming panic attack. I feel numb sometimes when I get those. My health anxiety was very high when my general anxiety was high. And the medical bills weren't fun when I was constantly trying to find out what was wrong wth me but the worst thing I boiled it down to was anxiety itself. That alone is horrible. And of course it was winter when my depression and anxiety are both bad. I think you will be fine, you may have had a panic attack.

This also happened to me at work yesterday out of the blue, and I admit I got very scared but I had to talk myself through it. Eventually I forgot about it. Gotta love that anxiety... You're not alone.

• Posted

I really appreciate Mindy posting this question, and all the replies she's gotten. I've avoided making a post about this for over 2 weeks, because I've tried to ignore it as best I can. But I too have GAD & health anxiety, and my stress lately has been pretty bad. And 2 weeks ago (or more) I thought for some reason that I was going to have a stroke. It was never a fear before, and I'm only 21, but literally the next day I felt the numbness on my left side, and a few days later my eyes were playing tricks on me. It helps to know that quite a few people here have experienced these symptoms, because it means I'm not completely insane! Haha... But my GP told me to give therapy a try, so I'll be starting that soon.....maybe it'll help. 

Best wishes, 

Nicholas 

• Posted

Glad to hear you are getting help with therapy but you might consider seeing a psychiatrist who can diagnose you more and get you on some Meds. I have been in your shoes and you will control it just takes time and allot of work. Good luck!!

Joe

• Posted

Ty smile im glad im not alone with all this. Its very scary! Makes you want to run right to the hospital

• Posted

You're never alone! The worst part is thinking the worst could happen, that's what makes us want to go to the hospital.

• Posted

I'm glad you were ok! We all know the signs and symptoms of a stroke, so when we think we're having one, our brain seems to mimic other symptoms. I think it's because we start to panic. When we panic everything is in overdrive so we tend to see things really exaggeratedly. Like how your eyes played tricks because that happened to me. Then we believe we're really seeing things. Anxiety stinks! Can't get rid of it, learned so much about it, but I also saw a counselor who helped me learn some coping techniques.

Rachel

• Posted

Thanks for your nice comment, Rachel. I'm still dealing with many of these symptoms, off and on, and still have lots of fear. But I'm also at a stressful time in my life, so that makes it worse. I've been trying to sleep and relax as much as possible, and thankfully will be trying to get home for a week very soon. Thanks again. 

Much love, 

Nicholas 

• Posted

Hey, Nicholas! Anytime! I'm glad I can help. When stress is at an all time high, your anxiety will be too. Hopefully when things die down a bit you'll feel better. Depression and anxiety both get bad for me when I'm going through stress and in the winter. Combine them both, and I feel horrible. Taking a week off to go visit home should do you good and give you something to look forward to, and get your mind off things. We all need a relaxation break once in a while, or else we start breaking. Even just having someone to talk to can really help. I really like this site because everyone is so kind and helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out... I'm always here!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.