Help Anxiety Can't Sleep and nervous stomach

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't get to sleep till 3 in the morning than i am wide wake at 8 in the morning every day it's. My mind is like i just woke up and drank 2 cups of coffee. After that i am tossing and turning can't go back to sleep and i get terrible stomach anxiety butterflies, knots in the stomach. All day my eyes are like wide awake body is tired but mind is racing

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

OMG..you sound EXACTLY like me...and the Drs will not prescribe me anything strong because I have been known to have a drinking problem.  And I am furous that they won't help me.

I am currently suffering from a severe anxiety attack that has been occuring since about 4pm today...(2.5 hours).  It MAKES ME WANT TO DRINK...but NO...don't drink it will make it worse....

I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of medications that do seem to work on my anxiety even thou they are not FOR anxiety.  I just took one (a Gabapentin) about 1/2 hour ago.  Other than that...I try to drink Chaomiile tea...

• Posted

Missy2 be strong don't drink. It is the worst feeling of not getting any sleep and not feeling tired. Chamille tea does not work on me. I just hate the feeling when i am up in the morning after 2 hours of sleep and not feeling tired and with severe stomach anxiety i don't even crave any caffine

• Posted

Missy I'll message you more tomorrow when I get home from work. Last night I didn't take extra pills. I sat outside for about 2 hours. Then I took a hot bath with lavender Epsom salt. Then drank chamomile tea. Two tea bags for flavor. Kept the TV off and stayed off the cell phone and went to bed and read in a book "This too shall pass"....I slept about 5 hours. I'll take it. Day 8 and no alcohol. Dr called in valium but I didn't pick them up yet. I don't want no more sleepless anxiety filled nights. Day shift tomorrow ugh. Chat then.

• Posted

Kelly...I'm so aggrivated the Dr. didn't give me pills...honestly I think only pills will work.

You are doing excellent.

• Posted

I typed a long message to you and its gone!

Anyway..I'm SORRY but i am so GLAD there is someone like me.

I really think that the only thing that can work is some strong pill to knock us the heck out.....the tea doesn't really work on me either...but I think sometimes it does make me tired...so I keep trying it....then to lay awake when I go to bed most of the time...tossing and turning.....freaking out.

• Posted

I'm the same exact way saima!  I don't sleep and am never tired...sometimes the tea works for me and sometimes it doesn't.

Even when it works...it only makes me tired for about an hour...but even if I go to bed...I will be awake again within a hour....I feel so much better that there is someone else like ME...I really feel like some sort of FREAK.

it drives my b/f NUTS that I don't sleep...its almost like he gets mad at me...I think he is just frustrated FOR me......

I don't have a freaking solution...wish I did.

• Posted

That sounds terrible, maybe you have insomnia?

I get insomnia for weeks at a time and then it goes away and comes back again.

You said you drink two cups of coffee, maybe try and change things up a bit.

Try drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and throughout the day.

I realize not much can help anxiety, and you probably dont want to hear this but exercise and a healthy diet helps a lot.

Maybe force yourself to walk more or do some squats, after a few days you'll feel better. I hope this helps.

There's also melatonin that you can buy at the pharmacy, an all natural sleeping product; however, it will only work if you lack the chemical in your brain, try it!!

• Posted

I wake up after 2 hours of sleep and can't go back to sleep and when i wake up my i am not tired after only getting 2 hours of sleep my mind is active it is like i just drank coffee or red bull. and then axniety starts buiding up in the stomach with knots, butterflies and cramps.

I am trying to excericise and change my diet as much as possible but it is very hard when you are all alone on doing this.

• Posted

You're going to be alone when doing anything.

Not only do you need to change things up, you need to re-adjust your mindset aswell.

Normally I don't take my own advice but recently my anxiety and insomnia has worstened. I changed everything in my life since then. I took a two week vacation from work, ended it with my boyfriend (long distance relationship), eating and exercising.

Try doing something different, learn a musical instrument, dont to the things you dont want to and see how it works out.

• Posted

Coffee is the wrong thing to take to get to sleep

If you are concerned see your GP.

Most people need differing amounts of sleep,sometimes people need the full eight nine hours while others get away with five hours and they are vital and full of life. I would advise you to look back a while at the number of hours you needed then, then look at the number of hours now

If you are concerned you are not getting your beauty sleep see your gp

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.