Help!!! Bartholin cyst for 4 years now....

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I've had this cyst for about four years now. It's never ever gone away, just sometimes gets smaller and dormant. I've been to son many doctors I'm at my wits end ! They always tell me they can't do anything because it's deep under the skin. I'm currently laying here with an excruciating headache from the first antibiotics they gave me (which were no good) and it's bigger and more painful than ever. I have tried serrapeptase, tea tree oil, silica, baths, compresses, etc. I don't know what to do from here ! At this point I just want the whole gland removed sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh goodness! I feel so terrible for you. So this is the first time I've ever experienced this (I've read many women have theirs return after some time. sad So I was in excruciating pain for about a week and couldn't take it no more so I went to the ER. The doctor gave me lidocaine to numb the area (which was extremely painful), he then made an incision, drained it and then placed a word catheter. Once the lidocaine wore off I was in a world of pain! I mean high fever could not wipe myself-I mean it was HORRIBLE for about 2 days and then today the catheter fell out. They did mention that it could fall out and to by no means replace it. Funny though because since it fell out today I haven't had a fever my temp went back to normal and the pain is almost nonexistent. I'm just afraid of this returning. So many people I've read have had it return. I have no idea if any of this will help you at all but I wanted to share my experience and I never even knew anything like this existed! sad

• Posted

I got one about 3 years ago from having sex drunk=no lubrication. It was small at first, did baths and oils for healing like tea tree. It was dormant for 2 months I was careful then did the same thing Valentine's Day. I've been with my bf 4 years no other partners. It got infected, my gynecologist said these cysts can be just as bad as child birth. I wanted to die! Couldn't sit, breathe, walk nothing! I was crying like the biggest baby it hurt so bad! They numbed it (I felt it still pain was so bad) and made an incision to drain it. I scared patients in the office i was screaming so loud. I don't tell you this to scare you, but they put a catheter thing to drain it. It drained for a month I hated that thing no sex, peeing was weird. I was healed after that for 2 years it's back again....same situation drunk and dry getting antibiotics and thinking about removing gland. They can make a new incision for you try that before removing it and be careful. I wish I was more careful sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.