Help !! Bartholins Cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have been getting Bartholin cyst for the last two years I'm 24 years old. They are reoccurring this is probably my 9 one . I have one at the moment and it's getting quite large I'm in so much pain. I can't even wipe cause it hurts so bad. I have flu like symptoms even when I cough It irritates it. I'm scared to be seen by a doctor because the last time I went to the doctors they cut a incision to drain it and it was the most worst pain in my life that I have experienced. I don't know what to do. My boyfriend doesn't understand the extent of the pain I'm going through and how uncomfortable it feels. I work in a hospital and I'm on my feet all day and I have to walk around like I'm not in pain. When I'm in soooooo much pain can someone give me some advice. No one understand what I am going through and I feel so alone and embarrassed cause I don't know anyone who has experienced this. This is my first time writing on blog I hope I can get some help from someone. Thanks To whoever is reading this.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lillian97452,

I am so sorry your going through this. I had these from 22-25. They are 100 uncomfortable and a pain in the butt. I finally had the marsipulation surgery and haven't had one in 3 years. It is very much worth it to get it done. The problem is, our bodies heal, so once you get the cyst drained, your body wants to close and it and they will keep coming back. Mine came once a month. I had about 30.

Look into marsioulation, that's where they turn the gland inside out, so it can't close.

My life is 100% better since I got it done!

• Posted

Oh! Also sits baths with salt. That helped me as well. Super hot water!
    • Posted

Hi kati83332 Thank you sooo much for replying I really appreciate you. I really don't know much about the the sits baths where do I go to purchase it ? Did it go away completely when you did the baths or was it something just to maintain the pain and swelling ??

• Posted

Sometimes went away. You can't an sit in the bath with water high enough for just that are. The hotter the better. Sometimes it opens it up and it will drain on its own. But the maraipulation surgery has been the cure for me.

• Posted

Hi there, I second the sitz baths with hot water and sea salt. If you have a bathtub you can just take a hot bath and add salt to the water but I feel it might be more effective to get an actual portable sitz bath. They're pretty cheap, I got mine online. It's this thing that looks like a bed pan kinda and you put it over your toilet bowl. You fill it with hot water and salt, it also comes with this bag that has a tube attached. You fill the bag with hot water and attach it to the basin. It has a stopper then when released adds more hot water to the bath to keep it at a consistent temp instead of a bath

which can get cold faster. There's holes that let the excess water out into the toilet. I've had my cyst for a little over a month and I've been doing four 20 min baths a day (just using the timer on my phone) and it's definitely decreased in size. It also helps with inflammation. It's tough to do it consistently though if you're a busy person...I've been slacking and I've noticed it's become a bit harder again. Anyway try it out for 1-2 weeks if you can. It's helped me way more than the two rounds of antibiotics my doc gave me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.