Help beating mirt

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm new to pharma drugs as of this year.Major sleep and anxiety issues,

and have had a rough ,rough aging year.

The brilliant dr.s I managed to stay away from most  of my 

Life, put me on every kind of benzo/ trazadone,and when that didn't work,

mirt since July of this year@30mg.

Not having lived this hell before,I want OFF this drug train,

I have weaned down from 30 to 15 to 7.5 over a period of weeks.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Try Cita protocol, google: cita zispin charts

Do not worry

• Posted

Manuel  I contacted them today.I'm in the US,but hopefully they will return

my email.

I'll look into the google search...this is tough.

thank you.

• Posted

Cont.

I didn't stay at 7.5 but for a week..been off 5 days,but my sleep is not great...

I don't feel good on this trash,and now the wd is probably messing with me.

Not sure what to do,don't want to go backwards,and I see some of you are thankfully 

winning the war against mirt.

please any advice to help get my life back.

thank you 

• Posted

i was on mitazipine for 2 mnths neva again my anziety got worse went cold tukey 2 wks ago bin spaced out bad headache since bak at drs tday was put on fluxetine can anyonr tell me there experience on this drug
    • Posted

hi Jeanette i have been on mirtazapine for 8 months 45mg for Depression and anxiety. still felt low with 0 motivation even to have a bath was a up hill stuggle, felt like sh*t. im now tappering off them to go on 20mg of Fluoxetine just hoping to god they will work its been a long year now, was a mess this time last year now im a drugged up mess on mirtazapine. just hope to improve on fluoxetine not expecting to much as been like this so long forgot what its like to feel normal
  • Posted

On a more positive note I have been on Mirt 30 for ten months and I feel great . Was on them many years ago and came off them with no problems. I had major depression and anxiety and recovered . I think it's unfair to say its trash everyone needs to find a drug that suits them and some people can cope better with different drugs. Good luk hope everyone out there will get better soon x
    • Posted

Jacqueline thanks for your response.

My definition is based on my experience.

It's an accurate description

in my case.

I don't cotton to the coziness

with pharma drugs,sorry.

Hitting the throttle on serotonin production w/a 

pharma drug taught me a lesson:don't.

My GP's advice to go on

Mirt has robbed me of the joy of living.

Every day I seethe with how this drug has taken weeks away from me I'll never get back.

You only get one go of it.

Best of healing and happiness.

• Posted

Sorry to seem to be going agains the flow here, but I was put on 45mg of Mirtazipine around 15 years ago (ish), and for me it has been a life saver. I don`t recognise how everyone is talking about being "drugged up" on Mirt, I don`t notice the difference from one day to the next, just a total lack of the crippling Depression that I was prescribed these for in the first place. Believe me I don`t want to go back to that living Hell again,so for me, Mirtazapine has helped my depression tremendously. I can`t really comment on using them as a sleeping pill, or for the multitude of rsons that people seem to be taking them nowadays for. But for Clinical Depression, they are by far the most effective medication I have taken, and believe me, I`ve tried many over the years.

Anyway good look to all of you in your various paths you are taking.

• Posted

Been amazing for me to. Have suffered crippling clinical depression and I have now recovered . I to do not wish to go bak to that living hell.  Hope everyone who has  endured this awful illness finds recovery soon x
    • Posted

Just found this discussion stream. I have to agree with zaphod and Jacqueline, I'vebeen on mmirtazapine for several years and it's suited me. I wouldn't want adverse publicity to put someone off these drugs if it can help them out of the hell of anxietybsnd depression. Everyone is different, what suits one doesn't suit another. Unfortunately there is no way of knowing in advance, you have to try it to find out. How are you, BartJa, 4 months on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.