HELP. been a year since I've had mono for the second time, so fatigued HELP.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So I got diagnosed with mono when I was about 16 years old the first time. I lost tons of weight and was just super unhealthy. Everything was okay after that.... didn't experience much issues after about two months of having it the first time.

WELL. I'm 22 now. Exactly a year ago I was diagnosed again, only this time with a HORRIBLE complete body rash. I'm talking, painful to the touch all over my face, legs, arms, stomach, back. It was awful. I was also SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fatigued I couldn't get off the couch. My doctor said the rash is rare... anyone else experience a rash?

Anyways, to the point. A year later I'm still extremely fatigued. I will start a workout program and after a week or two have to stop it because I literally can't move without wanting to fall over bc I'm so weak. Nobody understands this. My boss gives me sh*t for getting sick easily too but I swear this stuff killed my immune system. Is it possible to still be weak and get extremely fatigued to where I need to sleep for 3 days straight a year after? I'm begging for help or advice. I'm so tired of it. cry I just want to feel normal again. Also, my doctor sucks and she thinks I make everything up I swear.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anxious, sorry you are struggling with the prolonged effects of mono. To answer your question. Yes, I am almost a year from diagnosis and every time I try any strenuous exercise I get extreme fatigue for two or more days. I've accepted that walking and stretching is what my body can best deal with as it recovers from the effects of this virus.

Take it slow. Don't push your body with strenuous exercise. Walking and fresh air is best at this time. Start with short walks build up to longer ones. Listen to your body.

Rhonda

• Posted

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear about the terrible struggle you have had with mono, it truly is an awful virus and as you say people really don't understand unless they have went through the horrible prolonged period of symptoms - it is truly life changing.

I just want to reassure you that there is hope, that you are young and there definitely can and still will be recovery from this thing. It's just so unfortunate that it takes different times for everyone, for some the recovery takes much longer. You need to take the rest when you feel your body needs it, listen to your body and that's more important than work and everything, although I know that's easier said than done when under pressure from work, etc.

Have you tried taking any good vitamins / supplements? A good strong multi-vitamin per day can really help, and B complex vitamin too for energy levels as well as Co-enzyme Q10. Siberian ginseng is a good immune boosting herb also. Taking high doses of Vitamin C and Vitamin D can also help.

Just want to let you know as someone who went through it 10 years ago, I'm empathising and thinking about you. And I still fully believe that you WILL make a full recovery, ask God for help is always the best thing to do! Thinking about you and fully believing in a great and marvellous recovery for you (even if it doesn't feel that way now, it will happen I truly believe).

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.