Help, Big Toe Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I"ve got big toe pain from 2 weeks and want to know what do with the pain. The pain first was in the middle of foot (2nd,3rd and 4th toe) and i went to orthopaedist and said I should i give it a rest, gave some anti-inflammatory pills. Then the pain relievd but i started feeling pain in the big toe (top the toe). I feel the pain mostly when i try to lift my toe upwards. I think this injuries are cause of playing on hard surfaces (i play football/soccer). Do you have any suggestions on what to do because i really want to train now when season started and would i worsen it if i run.

Thank you smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You might need special insoles to support your for/foot. Best ask gp for a referal to podiatrist, I got insoles and that sorted my big toe pain
    • Posted

I asked him for or orthopedic insoles for the previous pain and now for the big toe but he said that it isnt necessesary. He said it may be inflamation of the tendon. Although i can run but I feel discomfort on my foot and do you think I should train/run because I want to train to be on condition and play, but at the same time I want to releive my pain ASAP. Thank you very much for the help !
    • Posted

and do you think i should elevated a few times per day and apply ice to the tendon or maybe change hot to cold water for blood flow because i read a lot and don"t know what to do really...

• Posted

Hi Daniel. In my experience the pain was excruciating and neither heat or cold made any difference. Nothing worked until I was referred to a podiatrist and was given insoles. After a couple of weeks the pain seriously reduced and I was able to do everything that I could before the pain started. Your pain will obviously increase if you keep training. Maybe ask for a referral to a podiatrist and ease off on the training until you get an appointment so that you don't do any further injury.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.