Help! Bloating, Excessive Gas, Ribbon Stools, Fluttering Around Heart, Fatigue

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 29 year old male (150 lbs, 6 ft) and I have had an issue for a few years now that is persistent in making my daily routine miserable. My symptoms: Morning Nausea, Fatigue, Bloating, Shortness of Breath, Stomach Aches, Fluttering Around Heart, Inflammation on lower left abdomen, Excessive Foul Smelling Gas, Ribbon Stools, Dry Throat, Pulsating Feeling throughout body (especially in abdomen region).  I consider myself a moderate drinker and used to drink 2-3 drinks everyday but have cut down my drinking signifcantly to not drinking at all during the week while having some wine or beer on weekends. However, the symptoms get exponentially worse after having just 1 alcoholic drink and I cannot figure out the underlying cause or a solution. The symptoms are still present even when I am not drinking and am really looking for a diagnosis and solution to what I have.

My symptoms are always the same and I have been to the doctor countless times and have had every test imaginable: H Pilori Test, Full Body CT Scan, Endoscopy, Blood Tests, EKG, all come back negative. The doctor recommended I give up drinking and drastically alter my diet, which I have tried for a month with no conclusive results or noticeable change. She then stated this is all due to anxiety....the only anxiety I have is that I don't feel good. I have tried Prilosec, Nexium, Omeprazole, Ginger Capsules, and Probiotic Capsules (20-30 Billion count). The only ones that have slightly helped are the Ginger Capsules and Probiotics, but the symptoms still persist. I eat pretty healthy, since greasy and fried foods do not appeal to me with my nausea. I do not eat breakfast typically other than yogurt or fruit because I just can't and dont feel like eating in the morning, but will eat a banana or something because I know I need to. I wake up everyday feeling nauseas and tired and have no interest in food until hours after I have been up and about. I also typically exercise twice a week (2-3 miles running on the treadmill), but lately have not had the energy to do so. Yesterday I ran 2 miles since I had not run in 2 weeks and the symptom felt even worse afterwards - shortness of breath and fatigue most noticeably - and not a typical work out type feeling. 

Please let me know if someone has suffered from these same symptoms and how to go about resolving this. Everyday I wake up feeling miserable. sad

Thank You,

Jeff 

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Morning,,,,, Think your  "handle"" says it all,

• Posted

I dont understand what you are saying at all. If you do not have an answer to my question or can help please do not reply. 
  • Posted

Hi imabigkidnow88

You have mentioned you exercise regularly and it sounds intense exercise..you may have exhausted your adrenals and in turn has raised your cortisol levels hence all the stomach problems...your adrenals sit at top of your kidneys and release the hormone cortisol when they are stressed......it can play havoc with your gastro system...your last run shows how stressed your adrenals are...google "adrenals cortisol and intense exercise causing gastro symptoms"...cut down on exercise to get your cortisol levels normal...get them checked by your doc...best wishes...

• Posted

why not trying herb
    • Posted

I agree with Lilian that adrenals could be playing a big part. I have a lot of the same issues as you plus more and I believe getting my adrenals in balance could really help. I feel anxious and stressed a lot of the time which taxes the adrenals and can cause all the digestive issues. You may also have some food allergies as well though. I've started on Holy basil supplements for the adrenals and I've cut out gluten, dairy, sugar, and caffeine from my diet as they only make things 100 times worse. 

• Posted

Hi All,

Thank you all for your input. I may have over-exxagerated my exercise routine. I only really run on a treadmill 1-2x/week max and there are plenty of weeks where I do not work out at all and the symptoms persist. I will definitely look into 'high cortison levels' to see if that may be a cause. Putting the exercising aside, please let me know if there are any other remedies or if anyone else has ever faced these symptoms and how they handled them. Alcohol and Coffee definitely exacerbate the symptoms and I used to be an avid pot smoker, but when I try it recently it just makes me feel worse and an intense pressure builds in my head. TY

• Posted

Hi imabigkidnow88

More than happy to help!...but yes deffo get your adrenals and cortisol levels checked even the exercise you've done and you do can affect your cortisol and cause gut issues.....best wishes

• Posted

It sounds like Diverticulitis,I suffered for years in and out of the hospital until my doctors finally figured out I had diverticulitis.  Please look it up check out the symptoms.  Good luck  Hopes this will help you
  • Posted

Hi Jeff,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. But I'd have to agree with hooktaz1954 that you check out the symptoms of diverticulitis.

Of course, always ask your doctor before starting anything new but have you ever tried doing a colon cleanse? Especially in light of the fact that you said you found relief with probiotics and ginger capsules.

Also, I didn't see any mention of water you're taking. Are you getting in at least 2 liters? You'd need to drink lots of water if you increase your fiber intake.

Hope you found value in this reply and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.