Help! BV Odor Getting Worse & Can't afford doctor. How can I treat & cure BV @home without a script?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 34 and suffered with chromic BV for 10+ years. I've been prescribed flagil thats works until I finish my script. I finished my script a couple months ago and it came back. This time the odor has gotten worse. Others at can smell it at work and my daughter says I smell like fish and so does my car. I can't afford to see a doctor and even if I could it will just come back. I've tried apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, Refresh, eat a ton of greek yogurt, drink Yocult, cotton panties only, taken folic acid and taken acidophilus orrally but none of that helped. Has anyone gone through a similar experience and had success doing something at home? I mean someome who's dealt with this for many years and taken prescriptions for it and then decided to do something on their own to treat it and its taken it completely away or at least the odor? Please anyone can you give specific directions?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Soaking in a shallow warm tub with baking soda for 20mins does wonders for the odor. I'm currently using tea tree oil suppositories. On my 3rd night now, the tea tree smell is very strong but I'm hoping this clears it up. I'll keep u informed. Been suffering with this for over ten years on and off sad

• Posted

Any Side effects of the tea tree oil? I've Wanted to try that but worried it would burn... My Symptoms are terrible right now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.