Help...Can hardware/wire cause pain a year out?

Posted , 3 users are following.

LTHR..resulted in fracture of femur. Have 4 tension wires. I have almost constant pain on the outside of my thigh bone. I have 2 walk 30 minutes every day per orthopedic surgeon and cardiologist instruction.

Please.....has anyone experienced anything like this???

Would removal help eventho I was told the wires wouldn't bother me. I'm at my wits end...TIA

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI Vickie, I have a cable and wire system included in my last revision. The primary implant had to be removed by surgically separating the femor bone in three places .therefore wire cable and cable clips held the bone around the new femoral component until the bone repaired itself.

I asked my surgeon about my concerns about cabling could become loose. In some cases the bone can give way due to various reasons which usually can be seen thru follow Xray .

if wires are bothering you see your surgeon for advice . This is only what tests cat scans or Xray can show and sometimes repair thru surgery can repair the issue. 

Take care! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.