help! can i rule out genital herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

earlier this week i met for a second time with a girl (first time on friday, then monday). We had sex again, but i ALWAYS use protection.

Next day or day after i felt little flu like symptoms (tuesday), i thought its related to a strong AC in the bar where we had been. I also started feeling like sharp 1-2 second pain in urethra or like somewhere inside of penis. However i need to mention I am on cipralex due to health anxiety.

I started worrying about genital herpes, chlamydia or gonorrhea. However not sure if these can be passed on if you wear condom.

On wednesday i saw red pimple on the root of the penis, and i stupidly squeezed it where clear fluid came out, however i thought it was just a pimple because it didnt look like genital herpes at all, more like pimple before it gets that typical white colour. I applied herpesin right away.

So my questions are:

1. can herpes outbreak present with just 1 pimple and so soon? Also it presented without any pain (lets not consider that weird sharp feeling in urethra for now), even when i touched it. That points away from herpes right?

2. That pimple healed/went away basically within 1 day after applying cream, that points out from genital herpes right? Now there is just little pinkish color, same as when you have pimple on face.

3. I understand that genital herpes presents itself usually in clusters that are like "transdecent" "clear" in colour. Mine was red, where you couldn't see through.

4. Now its saturday and i feel fine. If this would be the first outbreak, shouldn't it last longer, be very painful, heal longer, etc?

Reason why i am asking these questions, is that everything apparently can be tested (which i will after couple of weeks), however i read that the herpes blood test is very unreliable.

I hope i was not unlucky to catch it at the root of the penis where is the condom "ring".

Thank you !

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i forgot to add i tried to check also lymph nodes once the thing appeared, not swollen

• Posted

Smilar thing happen to me. Went to a few drs said nothing seemed wrong but and blood test negstive at 2 months. Just go get the area tested when it pops up and blood test after 21 days

• Posted

Herpes can manifest differently for everyone 😃! Mine start off looking like a cut from a scratch before it spreads and turns into ulcers. Some people get a singular pimple that is actually a herpe sore. Herpes is sooooo common and most people are asymptomatic carriers of the virus. If you do end up testing positive via blood test because you can no longer get a swab test then don’t worry! It’s definitely not the end of the world and it shouldn’t affect you in any way. Also having sex in general will always put you at a risk to catching HSV-1/2 even while using protection! Herpes is transmitted skin to skin and a condom wont cover everything. Also some people don’t realize but unprotected oral sex can put you at risk to catching the virus as well. Definitely wait to get a blood test because it will most likely give you a false negative this early in testing or even give you a false positive but the chances of that are slim. False negatives are much more common with the blood tests. I’m sure you are fine though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.