Help! Can't believe anxiety is back!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I stopped taking venlafaxine in January, it was hard but I got through it and for the last 3 months I've felt great! I have no idea why that in the last 10 days I've been hit with physical symptoms of anxiety. Waking up with a stomach ache......feeling sick.......headache/migraine........feeling low and panicky........worried......feeling like I might lose control of my life. I had these on and off for a week and then the last few days it's been relentless, I can't seem to get rid of them. I know it's anxiety and I tell myself constantly that it is just a blip and it will go away, yet it's still here!!! Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this and did it just go away??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety has a habit of seemingly disappearing only to rear its ugly head.

It Sucks.

Keep fighting

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I'm dragging myself out of bed today, I want to sleep the day off but I'm going to get on with my day as I normally would and battle through it. I just wish it would go away, it's horrible. 😩
    • Posted

Keeping busy and exercise is much better than staying in bed

Take Carecool

• Posted

Hey there,

I beat anxiety for nearly 5 years, but it came back in December and I've been having issues since. It can come and go, but remember the lessons your learned the first time you beat it and remember the techniques you used.

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

I've just spoken to my doctor yesterday and he's recommended counselling so will hopefully start soon. I've had it before so not sure I need it again? I'll try anything to get rid of it though.
    • Posted

For sure, how long is the wait time there for therapy?

Why did you stop it before?

• Posted

Sure! It waxes and wanes. It can occur for weeks then stop again. It can stop for any amount of time. Just know it will eventually pass again. Its kind of a lifetime thing. Hows your diet! I have strongly noticed a connected of a bad diet with reoccurances. 
    • Posted

It put an explanation mark and i meant a queation mark. 
    • Posted

Well, that's the thing, I'm overweight and a week ago today I joined a slimming group, I've been eating so healthily in the last week and that's when the anxiety has been worse! Hmmm maybe it's withdrawal from chocolate 😂
    • Posted

Might be sugar withdrawls (yeast dying from being starved from all the sugar too) and not even anxiety but your mind connects it and triggers it into anxiety.hang in there takes about three weeks for the body to readjust to new diets and eating habits. It will pass again. It will, it always does. Also caffiene withdrawl by the way..chocolate is filled with sugars and caffiene. You should probably buy some magnessium glycinate (pure ecapsulates) just use one at night. Doesnt bother the stomach its a good one and absorbale many use the wrong ones.That will replace magnessium difference as well.chocolate cravers are usually low in magnessium. Hang in there it will absolutely pass again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.