Help.. confused - MRI results- having a bad day :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got my MRI results back.... didn't really uhderstand my gyne when he called as his English and my French are not great.... all I know is that he said it is bad and that my ovary has to come out asap...   Got my MRI results and read 'Probable mucinous borderline cyst'.. totaly freaked... was hoping to get and appointment with the surgeon next week but he can't see me until the 16th July... halfway through our holiday so we will drive back for the appointment....the secretary says that they are pretty quick on doing the surgery after the meeting...am totaly confused...trying to stay positive....  but unfortunately have been reading pretty scary things on the computer....why does he just want to take the ovary out why not the rest am 50, so don't need anything anymore..... can't beleive I have another 3 weeks of waiting...... sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula,  Try not to worry.  When I was going through this, I was told that they only take what is necessary, irrespective of age.  So if you have a cyst on one ovary, they just take the one ovary. Whilst doing the op, if they find other problems, they may take other things, but hopefully they will only need to take the ovary.  Sorry it will interrupt your holiday 😔
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth.. thanks for your message and support.....it has been a tough few years for us and last year was really hard.. I broke my ankle and my father in law died of cancer... just when things were coming together this happened... we cancelled our trip last year, so this years holiday was a bit special more for my son as he has been brilliant....  I have a date with the surgeon on the 16th July so we are driving up for this ... we are only going 4 hours away so will iincorporate into the holiday.... all going well we will be able to finish our holiday...need the break.smile  I am disconnecting worry mode although it is hard and focusing on life.... will keep you updated and thaks sooo much for your help xx
  • Posted

hi,

i commiserate with you.

i live in spain and go through the same sort of thing.

its not a happy situation with'a go between' cos after what seems like hours consultation, you just get a few details.

if you try to connect by yourself, you never know how much they understand you and vice versa.

dont get too alarmed.

you will recover quicker getting an oomphectomy than all your lady gizzards out.

you have a diagnosis and will be seen in a very short time.

a typed report would be advantagious as you can get it translated any way you want.

your ongoing health is inhand and that begins 3 weeks away.

concentrate on enjoying your holiday.

best wishes.

• Posted

Thanks Chica...  am wanting everything out... hey don't need it.....  found it hard with the different ways of doing things....   will get there in the end. a learning curb... great to have the support here though...lovely warm feeling...xx will let you knw how I get onxx

• Posted

I replied to you on the other thread before I saw this! I would say again, can you be referred to an gyn oncologist? They were sure that mine was only borderine but they still planned to do a complete hysterctomy. And as it was it turned out to be early stagr ovarian cancer. I am glad I was seen and operated on by an oncologist. I would see what you can find out about being referred and have all your options before the gyn surgeon actually operates. An oncologist is more likey to remove everything and would also stage properly anything that they find, they would also check the surrounding areal and biopsy node etc. Maybe the three weeks can give you some time to do this? I know the french system may be very different but worth a try. Take care, waiting is hard and these are scary days - just take some deep breaths and be glad you are being sorted out. x
    • Posted

Hi Bex, replied on other thread... am going to be very pro-active in this... went into the pits and am now clawing out and taking deep breaths.. will keep you informed ...xxxx  Paula

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.