Help crisis making me want a drink

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm more of a binge than an everyday drinker. I also have problems with anxiety. But I've had treatment for anxiety and help controlling drinking. The drinking going really well as is anxiety however up to now I haven't really been "tested". Now I have ongoing problems with my 14 year old daughter but nothing too major till Wednesday when she apparently took an overdose of tablets she found in cupboard then told a teacher what she'd done. Fortunately they were harmless herbal tablets, no physical damage. She saw a mental health Dr and they both blamed me rather than address her problems. Anyway upset and exhausted. Daughter gone to stay with a friend. Tempted to drink any advice for upset situation?

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear about the problems your having with your daughter.

try to stay strong and not have a drink I know easier said than done, but I've found

drinking tends to create more problems than it solves, and you end up feeling

ten times worse. Have you got anyone else you can talk to about your problems as

it always feels worse to worry alone, try and keep busy or do something to take your

mind of of everything. I'm sure your daughter will sort herself out teenagers tend to

get things out of proportion a lot of the time, she's probably regretting what happened

already. They always want to lash out at those nearest usually mum.

keep strong and keep posting if it helps. Good luck Ann 

• Posted

I'm verry sorry to hear what is going on in your life, but remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel full of darkness.

The suicidal action of your doughter, was not a real attempt, after all, she did inform her teacher about it, she didn't realy want to die.

This does not take away, she is realy upset about the ongoing situation, something needs to be changed.

As Ann told, Alcohol creates problems and never solves them.

The resolution to your problems is start to work on your shortcommings and alcohol problem.

You have to get your live back in order and this realy starts with a period of time of not drinking at least untill tomorow morning.

Post as much as you can, and if nessecerly, visit your doctor.

We are standing behind you.

Succes,

Escar

• Posted

Firstly, it is ridiculous to blame you and extremely unhelpful. However, this is the timne when you most need to avoid drinking. Your daughter needs you to be the strong and rational one. How come she has gone to stay with a friend? You really need to sit down with her, let her know that you are there for her and that she can talk to you about anything she is worried about.
  • Posted

Thank you for your kind replies. I'm lucky that I live in a big city where there is a lot of help available but outside of this I feel alone. People think drinking is a choice. Why would anyone choose this
    • Posted

You are not alone if you visit this forum, DaisyJo smile

NOBODY chooses to get into difficulty with alcohol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.