Help! Delayed stomach emptying, bloating, indigestion

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone. I really need some advice. Right now I'm very bloated and when i burp, i'm tasting food that i ate 5 hours ago. It wasn't even a big meal, just a small quantity. I'm also feeling a little tightening of my throat or like something is stuck there. Lately I've noticed I only poop once every 2 days or so. My doctor thinks I have delayed digestion. He thinks that excess acid caused an obstruction to my small intestine so food doesn't pass into it as easily or as fast as it should, so it stays in the stomach for a while.

have a long history of stomach issues. Back in 2014 I used to suffer from sulfur burps (burps that taste like rotten eggs), vomiting and loose stool. It stopped for about 3 years when I changed my eating habits and started eating earlier in the day instead of skipping breakfast and having a late lunch. However, in August 2017 it resurfaced. I get bloating and distension (expanding of stomach), gas, noise in stomach, indigestion (nausea, loose stool, occasional vomiting). I admit my eating habits are not the best. I eat breakfast between 10:30 a.m. & 12:00 noon but thats a lot better than what i was doing before. I used to eat my first meal of the day late in the afternoon. I've decreased my food portions and am trying to stay off fast food. I am about to start a course of Omeprazole (proton pump inhibitor) and Cimetidine (H2 blocker). Do you think these will help? Can anyone tell me which medical tests to do and suggest dietary/natural remedies - like yogurt, exercise etc. Has anyone ever tried holistic therapies such as Reiki? I'm getting anxiety over this. Really need some support & comfort. Thank you. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have sent you a (two) private message as my links will probably not get allowed publicly.

Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.