Help do I have colon cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve had stomach problems my whole life. The last couple of years been more brutal then usually 2 and half years ago I started a new job I drive a bus all day . Since then I’ve experience diarrhea and constipation . My doctor told me to take miralax which sometimes work but diagnosed me with a lazy stomach . My really only symptom is pain in my lower left side it happens often it hurts a lot it usually only happens in the morning when I’m at work but it also happens at other times . I sometimes have narrow stool and sometimes big stool . I also usually have to go to the bathroom like 3 or 4 times to get it all out and even after that it still hurts me . But I have no weight loss or blood in stool or

Anything but I’m super nervous I schedule another gastro appointment for two weeks and I’m going to demand a colonscopy

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anthony sorry for all the issues and boy do I understand. So glad that you are going to push for that colonoscopy. I believe you want know anything until that is done. Please keep us posted. Diane. 
  • Posted

From one Anthony to another!  A simpler test to ease your worries is to ask your GP for a blood test specifically to look at the CEA (carcinoembryonic antigen) level.  If this is below the accepted threshold then it is unlikely that you have bowel cancer.  The main advantage of taking this approach is that the results should be available in a matter of days rather than waiting a lengthy time (relatively) for a colonoscopy. If, as I suspect from your symptoms, the CEA test comes up clear then the main worry will be eased and you can look for other, less serious, causes of your problems in an easier frame of mind.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope all goes well.

• Posted

Anthony peace of mind is everything but with no blood or weight loss I'm sure it's something not life threatening but I wish you the best keep up posted and good luck on your procedure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.