help!!! does anyone else feel like this??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering from health anxiety now since Christmas and its really taking over my life. This week for some reason I've had this ache in my left arm and these little pains in my hands and feet and this weird feeling in my jaw also I feel like I can't breath and have the urge to constantly take a deep breath. I googled the symptoms (I know the worse thing you can do) a.d straight away it said signs of a heart attack. Now because I'm concentrating on every little pain in my body everything feels worse and I'm determined I'm slowly having a heart attack. It's taking over my life all I've done is cry because I don't know if these symptoms are from anxiety or if there is something wrong with me. I'm even scared to go out in public or drive my car or be on my own just in case I have a heart attack and there is no one to help me sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Me !! I feel awful and exactly like you I worry about other things too though right now I'm laid in bed with fingers hurting chest hurting wrist hurting arm hurting and a weird breathing problem that lasted like 10 seconds it felt I was gagging even though I wasn't and like I was breathing next to nothing 😢 I had to gulp like a fish .

I also get it where I get "shudder breathing" this isn't when I'm in a panic attack when I'm in a panic attack my breathing is fast and tremors and everything

• Posted

That's exactly how I feel and that I can't breathe properly. It's horrible !!!! I'm going to the doctors Monday so hopefully they can help xx
    • Posted

Yeah go to doctors hun best thing you can do is talk to somebody also can always demand a holter monitor to put your mind to rest I've had holter heart us and ecg still have symtoms still believe it's heart attack stroke ect lol but it helps to put your mind at ease xx
  • Posted

Hi Molly, I just read your post. Sorry to hear the way you are feeling. I have experienced this before.. Pain in my hands, ache in my left arm and it does feel like I am having a heart attack, in fact what I'm having is a panic attack. It is very horrible as your mind starts to think that you are having a heart attack. I googled it and did exactly what you did and then went to see my doctor. The symptoms were from anxiety,  I have had it checked out as it was also driving me crazy, every time it happened I thought I was going to die. It did take over my life. I have been suffering from anxiety for a while. The best advice I can give you is speak to your doctor and get the help you need, talking about it really helps perhaps the doctor can refer you to counselling or Cbt - cognitive behavioural therapy which really helped me. Xx
  • Posted

I have health anxiety too and I completely understand what you're talking about! As soon as you have the tiniest symptom you start to obssess over it and think the worst! I usually get symptoms like that before I have a panic attack, my breathing gets rapid, my heart beats waay too fast and I also feel like I can't swallow, at first I also thought I was having a heart attack or stroke or something but realised it was a panic attack! I think to ease your mind you should see your GP and also explain about the health anxiety! I see a therapist and so far I've found that it helps a lot, and helps you over come health related phobias! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.