Help, does anyone else suffer these symptoms with diverticulitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, not sure if its just me but every few months I have seriously bad constipation, severe pains on my keft hand side, with a feeling of having the trots, but they make you come out in a cold sweat and makes you want to vomit. The sweats are pouring off me right now, I get so hot i have to strip off then I am freezing so wrap up in a blanket. It comes and peaks and rests for 10 minutes, and this pain is worse than labour. Am I experiencing a flair up or could it also be my fibromyalgia? Please help, I feel so alone 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice

Sorry to hear of your pain, you really should get medical help, it seems you are in a flar up but wiht hot and cold flushes you are in a fever too. Phone 111 and ask their advice. Good luck

• Posted

It's not a fever, it's always like this. It's the pain thats so bad makes me really hit a burst into a sweat and then i strip off and quickly become very cold. I have been under a lot of stress latley,  although I think it's caused this, I think that this is making the stress worse. I just want to add that in between the bouts of pain my temperature seems ok, I honestly think it's the pain, although I know I could be wrong x
  • Posted

First stop Gp and insist on being sent for a Mri scan. If it DD this will show up. Try some buscopan (chemist sell this without a prescription) Agree it could be a infected flare up ,for which you need gp to prescribe antibiotics. My Gp lets me keep a course in the cupboard for if and whem i need them. Usually every 3-4 months.
    • Posted

What an understanding doctor you have Which antibiotic do you use ? 

My last one taken Sunday  landed me up in A&E 

• Posted

Yes have a very good GP now, Had to change surgerys to find one but was worth it. The antibiotic I found works for me is Co-amoxiclav 500/125mg tablets, contain penicillin.
  • Posted

Have you been to the doctor Janice. Could the sweats be your age?

I know thats a cliche but its worth thinking about. The trouble is that when your ill and frightened you add all your symptoms together and panic. I have done this in the past. You need to investigate the pain really. My uncomfortablness is in the right of my side. Hope you get some answers soon.

• Posted

I'm 60 and sailed through the menopause, but I do still get slight hot flushes. I don;t knwo whether this is due to DD or an underactive thyroid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.