Help does this look like Threadworm

Posted , 7 users are following.

it wasn't moving and my guts have been in agony bit of an itchy anus ive noticed before today , there was also a lot of black coffee grinding looking specks in the stool and im gassy feel bloated heavier than normal

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.

This 100% isn't pinworms. I have no idea what this could be. I would contact your doctor and if they're not available I would join one of the parasites groups on Facebook and ask for their advice as they're useful too.

• Posted

Hi ,the black things are dead males they die after mating ,ive had this i also passed some blood aswell, i started eating 5 raw coves of garlic a day for 2 weeks that should kill any eggs its not very nice ive done it ive experienced what your going through its horrible ,i agree with sara i dont think there pin worms but my dr said i was delusional &wouldnt prescribe nothing so i hope you have a good dr,

• Posted

ho thanks yes i did think after posting this seems a bit big. i did notice 2 smaller white bits the other day about cm each size not moving reminded me more of maggots the shape and size ve had worms much younger from a public toilet seat but could see them moving both from the faeces and if i remember though this is hazy the rest of the bum too.

arse is quite itchy now not long woken had a look at my farces yesterday lots of black coffee grind size black specks came out on the toilet paper too.

stomach been very crampy bloated for ages , with all covid going on and doctors doing it over the phone im self medicating for now will check ky bowels this morning , unplesant experience having to examine 😃 thanks for replying

• Posted

Steven this is definitely not pinworms and black coffee ground specks in your stool always need to be investigated. Your symptoms sound like something going on in your bowel, especially your description of being crampy and bloated. Those black specks are a cause for concern....do try phoning or emailing your doctor to get a professional opinion.

• Posted

did you ever find out what it is and get it taken care of? it seems like whats going on with me and it's horrible but everyone thinks I'm nuts because they don't see it

• Posted

I'm not sure but I would say no. Looks a bit large but I don't know the scale. I've had pinworms many times and they are only about half a cm long. they also move and wriggle around it you see them on toilet roll. I can only speak for myself but I get quite intense itching in my butt when I have them. I suffer from constipation quite a lot and the infestations are more common during these episodes. Unfortunately that is the case at the moment. If its worms, expect to feel itching at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.