Help!! Don't know if these symptoms are normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have had fibromyalgia for 3 years the end of this year but only officially diagnosed a year ago.. I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact I have it and can't get other thoughts out my head like are the missing something, could it be something more serious. I wondered if anybody else has any of these symptoms that could help ease my mind that I'm not the only one going threw this..

I have pressure in my head and neck everyday worse in the morning and at night which makes my eyes feel heavy and tired.

The top half of my back is painful and crunches and makes horrible noises when rolling my shoulders back which also gives me an uncomfortable feeling in my chest area.

I get a very tight chest and throat sometimes that I feel like I can't swallow and the tight chest can make me feel like I can't get a deep breath in.

My ears and throat are sore but never come to anything as if I'm getting a cold but just disappear after a day. My jaw just under my chin can be sore too ( I think there's a gland there).

Lastly I have episodes of a sore tongue that comes and goes too.

Feel like I'm going mad with all this new stuff happening.

Thanks for reading x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a sore tongue one time from prescription Topamax, but have never experienced any of the other symptoms you describe thankfully. I'm so sorry you have to go through this :-(

• Posted

H Aimee, I know exactly how you feel I have a number of those symptoms on and off. I once went to the doctor because by chest was aching so much. The doctor was concerned I might have breast cancer so I had a scan, everything was fine, it was just the dreade. fibro playing with me. At present I have a mild sore throat that comes on in the morning but just doesn't go anywhere. 

I have similar concerns that they are missing something but so far they haven"t found anything else but Fibromyalgia. I am over it and so try not to think about it.

Good luck and hang in there you are not alone.

All the best Meg x

• Posted

Hello Aimee

The symptoms of FMS are many and complex, as I'm sure you know.

If you're experiencing new symptoms it might be worth chatting to your doctor to sift through any that might not be FMS related.

Good luck 😊

• Posted

Hi Aimee I have many of the symptoms you are experiencing and it's horrible, I haven't been diagnosed with Fms but will speak to my doctor, I do however suffer with acid reflux, has this ever been mentioned to you ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.