Help - earache/clogged ears for 11.5 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I've been suffering from earache and other symptoms for the last 11.5 weeks. Initially the GP said it was an ear infection and gave anti-biotics etc but I don't think it was an infection because I've got worse. I'm now on a waiting list to see an ENT but don't know how long that will take. Just wondering if anyone would be able to help.

Symptoms:

• Earache and popping in both ears. Left ear has a lot of noise. Right ear until today didn't have noise but today I had one or two random pulse beats.
  • Itchyness, burning and fullness feeling in my ears
  • Drum sounds, constant pulsing. Hardly any period of time when there isnt noise in my left ear.
  • Headaches
  • Dizzyness/vertigo
  • Reduced vision in right eye and vibration
  • Tingling sensation in my jaw/throat. Sometimes it feels difficult to swallow.

Also, I had 2 tympanometry tests carried out (14 Nov 19 and 20 Dec 19) privately to see if it can help identify any issues (see attached).

Its really hard to cope with the constant pain/ear noise. People always say don't Google stuff but I can't just wait forever. I feel that I should try all self-help remedies to at least get some sort of relief until I get a proper diagnosis.

imageimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

IT COULD BE eustachian tube dysfunction which can take many months to clear and if you get a cold before it fully goes away the clogged feeling and pain can return , basically the tubes ARE clogged with mucus and it takes a long while for the tubes to clear themselves out

Make sure you sleep upright so the ears can drain and get as much rest as you can as stress and overdoing things can make it worse

Try and get at least 8 hours sleep if you can as everything seems to heal , even if slowly , while we sleep

You can try using an Otovent which you can but on Amazon but do it gently if you have dizziness

Drink lots of fluids including herbal teas with herbs which are good for clearing congestion but rest , lots of rest as the more relaxed your body is the more / easier it seems to drain xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.