Help, Endoscopy results, i'm scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

Yesterday I had an Upper Endoscopy and although the consultant talked to me, I can't really remember what he told me as i was still under sedation.

This is my Gastroscopy Report:

-Oesophageal biopsies taken to rule out eosinophilic oesophagitis

-Fundal gastric polyp also biopsied

-CLO negative

I'm really scared for that gastric polyp. Do they not remove polyps immediately? Or do they suspect it's cancerous and that's why they didn't remove it?

My mind is going crazy and as it's NHS i don't think I can phone the consultant? I wish i was more awake when he told me the results.

Can someone please help me.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

If it was bad, they tell you
    • Posted

I can't really remember what the Doctor told me as i was still very sedated and nurse just read out report.

• Posted

Stay calm (but I know that’s easy to say)! I don’t know all the medical terminology but I had nodules and all tested normal. So don’t assume the worst. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I know, but it's very difficult not to.

• Posted

I looked that up & it said that those type polyps are usually inherited. It said that they remove them sometimes. Somr people have numerous polyps so if he said he biopsied one, thats good. I'd call the doctor though to ease my mind if I were you. Did you make your follow up appointment? I had my endoscopy done today & don't have a follow up for 6 weeks

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know that these polyps are inherited. I have read about polyps but just read there are different types.

If i could only remember what the doctor told me, but was still so drowsy. The nurse wasn't very helpful she just read out the report, no explanation.

I wish i could call the doctor but as i was referred via my GP and had the endoscopy done as an outpatient, i don't think i can. Don't really know who he is.

On the report is just says 'review in virtual clinic' which just means they will call me.

I feel just stuck and very very scared. Don't know what to do.

• Posted

I called the hospital this morning to ask if i could speak to the consultant or DR but they said it's not possible to talk to them. Everyday there is a different team of doctors and all they do are endoscopy's and they don't do follow up's. I just wished someone could tell me what he said after the procedure, i can't remember a thing.

• Posted

Maybe if you call your regular doctor he can ease your mind some. Your test results probably aren't in yet but I bet he has their report and what they did. Let me know. Praying for you!

• Posted

My regular doctor is my GP as he referred me (i'm in the UK). According to the hospital my GP has exactly the same report i have, so he can't tell me anything more. Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

• Posted

Update: Endoscopy almost SEVEN weeks ago and still no results!

My GP has no idea either, I just have to wait for a letter that hospital will be sending me.

How can they let people wait this long?? 

• Posted

I would call them everyday til they told me what's going on. They work for you. Not the other way around.

• Posted

After 9 weeks I still didn't have the results, which they normally send via post. So I went to see my GP, again, he looked it up and they did receive my results. So much for the other GP who said that results would be send to me. Anyway, he just read them very quickly and said all is fine, some infection but nothing serious........... As i had another question I did not go into it any further, but now I'm thinking, I would like to read the report myself as my GP said nothing about the biopsies. So calling GP next week and hopefully they can give me a copy as obviously the hospital hasn't send me anything. NHS procedures are OK but the after care is none existing!! and they must know that's also not good for someones health if we don't know what's going on.

• Posted

Unbelievable but i got my biopsy results today, 16th June whilst my endoscopy was on 31st January.

Thank you NHS, for the 4 1/2 MONTH wait.

Anyway, as I don't like it when i'm reading people's stories and they suddenly stop writing I will write my final results.

Luckily its not too bad.

Oesophageal biopsies are within normal limits

I have fundic gland polyps which they biopsied and it showed mild chronic gastritis suggestive of reactive/chemical gastropathy.

CLO test negative

That's it, i waited a very, very, very long time for those results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.