Help excruciating pain after physio

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an ankle injury 6.5 months ago, had Mri a month ago that showed avulsion fracture of the lateral meleosis, flake, torn afl and CFL , likely ankle instability, went to or things suggested more physio, went back today and I am crying in pain my foot hurts real bad the bone going up to big toe, this never hurt before, I can't weight bare, the pain is not like it was before, it's 10/10, I walked on a fracture for five and a half months, I had to come up my stairs on my back side tonight, what could be going on

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Omg, can you take pain meds, or did you take anything? If it hurts that bad I would call your Dr. Asap. That doesn't sound good. I hope you get some relief soon. I haven't heard of anything like that. Did it hurt when you were doing physio? We're you doing the exercises at pt or home? I was just wondering if your pt thought.

• Posted

Sorry to hear

Back to Emergency department. Medical misadventure by misdiagnosis has left you in a very desperate situation. Go to Hospital asap. Before your clothes get worn out from bum shuffling. With right treatment you will be fine, I'm sure.

I speak from a long line of medical misdiagnoses and wrong treatment. Now after 52 weeks, And extreme persistence with the help of a lawyer, I have answers. Trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right it isn't. Keep us informed. You matter, and your opinion matters.

Hang in there and get help.

#(*+*)#

• Posted

Hang in there! Pain is no fun but as a team of people suffering from this we will not only survive but live! I also have a problem with my big toe since last Thursday morning. Excruciating pain to the point I had to crawl to the bathroom.

I never understood what physical pain was until now. If you need to cry, do it. I hold my tears in to the point that I'm desperate and unconsoled.

I was doing much better before with a great pt but he went on vacation and they sent another one, whom I believe twisted my ankle again.

On my own I started to do all the exercises from the first pt and felt more confident. However, after last week everything went out the window!

I never realized that an injury related to a foot could cause so much pain. All the nerve endings in the body are there, and they need to heal.

I wake up( if I can sleep) and say hi ceiling, hi walls, I'm still here! Put classical music and meditate.

You are not alone at all. Everyone in the forum is going through different stages. I'm trying to not think so much into the future, because it has not arrived, and it will become the present.

Bodies heal. Think of it as the Vikings did: a trial by fire.

Wishing everyone healing, hope, restoration, peace and harmony! It will pass.

• Posted

Surgeon now wants to put me in a cat almost 7 maths after injury says imobilisation might help it heal, I'm worried he is delaying the inevitable and il need surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.