Help , feel so desperate

Posted , 3 users are following.

I know I keep moaning on here , but here goes ;

I feel so down , useless , pointless . I have been like this before but wasn't in a job then . I've been signed off work after not doing my job well . I'd started to feel bad before it was noticed at work I'm really worried about my job , my child as well . I have no motivation to do anything at all I feel so trapped.

I was in a realsionship but that started to go bad , he now has someone else & I wish I didn't know that . It was me whom ended things but it appears he'd already met this new woman .

Weekends are hard as my son is alway 'what are we doing today?' I just have nothing in me to even think of things today never mind do them , HELP

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

I'm on sertiline, been taking it 2 weeks now , been back to GPs , I actually feel worse but she said just persevere with it , I just feel so hopeless ALL the time
    • Posted

I'm on fluoxetine, been on it a week and already feeling the positive effects!!
  • Posted

Hey Lucy,

don't give up on yourself. We all feel useless and have no motivation at times, it's part of the condition. I found focusing on something good is helpful, for example, your son. Just take each day at a time and give yourself so time. Have you seen your go?? Are you on meds??

simon

• Posted

Thanks Simon , yes I'm on meds , have been for 2 weeks
    • Posted

Wish I had your faith , I seem to be struggling all the time , just living for 'going back to bed'

I'm dreading Christmas 😕

• Posted

That's quite ironic Lucy, my worst times are when I go to bed!! I can't sleep, get up and pace around the house all night. It's usually at this point I go outside to escape!! Not good. I'm taking sleeping tablets, they knock me out good and proper...
    • Posted

Thanks Simon , well I feel safe when I'm in bed , not that I sleep anymore just lay there , I have started to read again , although I have to re read things . My boy will be safe in his room too
    • Posted

Yer, reading is good, would also have a little background music on too 👍
  • Posted

destrain by relax/wiggle ears and brow. try being a little more open to being dependant with kids like maybe being honest wit kids about desperation is perfectly healthy; irony builds character. dont let factors imact freetime. when i was a kid i remeber being mysteriously disatisfied when all i rly needed was an authentic role model cool
    • Posted

That's true Durham, I've told all my kids, the youngest being 7yrs old. They've been really good about it and its helped me too.
    • Posted

Hi Lucy, I really feel for you, its an awful illness, I'm 4 weeks on meds now, and its hard to belive only 2 weeks ago I was just like you, infact I was worse!

Carry on with the meds, another week aNd you will feel a huge difference, then another week after that, you will be even better, not 100% but you will function , and smile and have some motivation.

Plz plz be strong and persevere. I know yor child is only 10 mine is 11, they don't understand it, but explaining it the best you can will help you a nd your child.

All th re best x

• Posted

Thanks lattifa, it's a long road I know . Are you on your own with your child ?

I'm not eating really & struggling to make sure my boy is ok , just want to stay in bed & hid

• Posted

Sort of, I hve 2 kids, my husband is their step dad, he works from miday to 10.30pm, so I feel alone every day, well I am. Did you talk to your son?

Xx

• Posted

I have told him I'm not well , think I said something to do with the mind
    • Posted

How did he react? Was it ok?

Its ever so hard, but you will feel better soon. Very soon. X

• Posted

My mum wants to pay for me to see someone private , as I seem to have a pattern of being very active (possibly manic) in the months before I get like this . I've been relatively ok for around 5 years but here I am back down here again & feel so desperate
    • Posted

Well your very lucky, I would grab that opportunity if I were you. Does your mum help out a lot then? I'm not that close with my mum unfortunately 😞
    • Posted

She does try to help out where she can , not always in the right way but her heart is in the right place .

I will take this opportunity & hopefully it will send me on the right path , it's just so all consuming right now , wish I could just think of other things .

Hope you are on the road to recovery

• Posted

So far I'm ok, sleeping better and eating, depression has lifted, its the anxiety that's my biggest problem, feel on edge and get anxious thought running through my mind, see I the opposite I cant stay home, I have to get out be around people and busy.
    • Posted

Wish I felt like being around people , seems you've turned a corner x
    • Posted

Even through my darkest days, I hated being alone, everyone is different, I get scared alone for some reason. I was suicidle at the beginning! I just need to stop the thoughts, its,what anxiety does, anxiety is,awful, cant be cured with meds, but depression can!
    • Posted

You need to keep in your mind, that you WILL be better soon. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you . I do like people to be with me who know of my problem . I had my ex stay this sat ( he's my boys dad) . I do feel suicidal at times but know I won't do anything about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.