Help feeling confused!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I’m looking for some advice please. I collected my prescription today for venlafaxine immediate release from a different chemist, the pharmacist came out from behind the counter to had me them, he asked how long I had been taken my daily dose (225 mg in the morning) and asked was I feeling ok since it was increased to that! He said it’s a very high dose to be taken at one go, he didn’t understand why they don’t have me on the slow release or half my dose in morning then evening ??????? I’m a bit worried now because I haven’t been great I told my doctor this on fri, she told me to continue with medication but I’ve to get bloods checked on tues. the pharmacist asked me to make an app with doctors to discuss this high dose 😳 does any one else take the same dose as me? Do any of u think it’s a bit high too? Xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes it’s 3x 75mgs I’m prescribed! I’ve spoken to pharmacist and he said never seen it prescribed to be taken in one go. Rang mht and now changing to prolonged release. I’m so annoyed! I’ve been feeling so so ill 
    • Posted

Vicki I felt very annoyed to! If u can’t trust a doctor to get a dosage right then it’s bad days,  only for going to a different chemist that’s when it got noticed! I hope u feel better soon x
  • Posted

Do you think this drug mistake so taking all 225mgs in one go immediate release  could be why I’ve been feeling so unwell with tierdnes, headaches, achy body, no energy or motivation? They have prescribed it this way since the start 8 weeks ago! 
    • Posted

It could well be,  I feel like this most days even before this mix up, doctors just tell me it’s my anxiety!  have u had your bloods checked recently? If not I would ask if u could have them checked just in case u have a deficiency etc x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.