Help feeling scared

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone ive had bleeding since last year and mucus. I'm at the toilet all the time blood in my stools

I've had my bloods done several tomes no sign of infection or anything. I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy in January and they said they were sure I had UC due to my bowel being very inflamed

They then wanted to check my full bowel. Two weeks ago I had a colonoscopy and was told I'd get a letter out to make an appointment within Afew weeks and they would tell me my results.

This morning ive received. Letter but it said they need to do firther investigation.. Obv another colonoscopy..

I've no idea why! I literally know nothing and now I'm sitting worried. I am so scared because I know they took pictures last time and biopsies. The letter was sent first class.i thought I would have been done with all of this and im now thinking the worst. I have always thought it won't be great news but I'm just stuck n back to square 1. What else are they looking for? They have already done biopsies the first time they came back inconclusive.. Hence the colonoscopy.. Now ive no results but a letter to contact them

Please tell me there's others that have had this.thank in advance. Xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am in the same position. I have colitis but they don't know why. This was caused by septic shock which nearly killed me and they dont know why. Medical science isn't an exact science.

In time you will figure out how manage it.

First low fibre diet also fasting for 24 hours give your system a rest. Eat small amounts often grazing. I cut my cheese on toast in squares and spend an hour eating it. Chew food more.

Drink 2 litres plus of tea coffee water not alcohol no smoking.

I hope this reassures you. You must keep a positive outlook. Lots of hugs. BOB.

• Posted

Hi Bob thankyou got your advice I really appreciate it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.