Help for Heel Pain?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

I have had terrible pain in my heel which was diagnosed as plantar fasciitis. My doctor offered a to give me a cortisone shot but I am so afraid of needles I almost broke into tears in his office. 

His advice was to stay off my feet but that isnt an option. I am on my feet for hours a day for work. And by the end of the day, I can barely get to my car. Can anyone recommend a good pair of shoes to help me get through the day? I'm not looking for a miracle. just something that will help bring the pain down from a 8 to a 3. 

Thank you!!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Cindy, where do you live? I went to Good Feet and bought supports. They want to sell you a three part system and shoes (I did get the three part, but really only wear the main set of supports). They are not cheap, but they are a lifesaver. I also found some support socks (compression socks) on Amazon. They are toeless and showed up when I was looking for wraps for plantar fasciitis.I mainly wear them at night, and sometimes during the day. It's been about a week with these and I've noticed an improvement. I hope you find some help soon.

-Mo

• Posted

Hi I feel your pain. I have found the only shoes to help are called vionic. I go to eBay where they have discounts. Otherwise they are around $80

• Posted

I was also recommended Asics Gel Kayanos? I think. I bought some inexpensive gel inserts but they didnt really help. So far, the taping has been the only thing to bring some relief. I will look for the VIonics. Is there a specific model I should try? Thank you all!
  • Posted

Instead of a cortisone shot would you consider EPAT?  It's non-invasive, clinically proven, takes 3-5 treatments--once per week. Ask your local podiatrist if he/she knows of it or offers it.  If he/she doesn't, find someone who does.  It's well worth it.

EPAT is (Extraporeal Pulse Activiation Technology) sometimes referred to as ESWT or shockwave therapy.

Good luck!

• Posted

I have had great success taping my foot (Google for a video ) and using a compression sock at night. Only been a few days and already it made s huge difference in my pain level. Thanks to the person who originally suggested taping my foot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.