Help for lichen sclerous patient

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm scared. Was sent to mayo clinic. Tons of docs came in and looked. Now having surgery due to cancer may be present. I'm scared. I need to talk to someone. I'm 61 have been married for 17 years have four grown children and ten grandchildren. I'm so scared. I had no idea this was even a thought for me. I knew I had it bad now for four years but no one ever mentioned cancer until this week. I'm so scared. He said that they have never seen a vagina this bad that was not cancer. I'm so scared. Need to get blood sugars down to 8 before they operate. I have a pre-op appointment Monday morning. I'm just so scared. I don't want it to be that! I just want to have a bad case of LS and treat it. I can't stop thinking of what may be happening to me. I'm just so scared. What to do? I'm scared. Charlotte

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charlotte,  I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Good luck for Monday.  Remember even if it is cancer, they can do amazing things these days.  Stay strong. I'm glad to hear you have a large family to support you.  x
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte

Sorry to hear about this but try and stay positive until you go tomorrow, you have all your family around you, I have lichen planus oral and skin it's a nightmare a lot of problems with my mouth can't eat spicy foods , have you ever had problems when you were younger with cervical smears and abnormal cells only I did

Take care and good luck Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.